Author Topic: Long ago occasion - I wish I had had this line then!  (Read 3759 times)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
Long ago occasion - I wish I had had this line then!
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »
Some of you may remember my mentioning this little gem here and at the previous board. I was seeing a particular dentist for the first time, and I had my then-13-year-old and infant daughters with me. The teenager was going to keep an eye on the baby while I had my teeth done. In the waiting room, I introduced them to the dentist. He looked from older to younger and said, "Oh, well! Accidents happen!"

That would have been the perfect moment for an icy, "What an interesting assumption."

*sigh*

macysnail

Re: Long ago occasion - I wish I had had this line then!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Even if that's what someone was thinking why on earth would he feel the need to mention it?  The line would have definitely been useful there.

Clearbrite

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »
How horrible!! I also wish i had some come back one liners in times like that..perhaps cold have turned around and said "Yeah,i wonder what your parents were thinking?!" Or something to that effect!*L*

Im never quite quick enough to think of anything to say,and to slow trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!!!

Whatever happened to 'If you cant say anything nice,then dont say anything at all'?

Even if you are thinking it,theres never any need to blurt out and say it..how rude! And those poor kids! Dentists are horrible enough as it is to go to..let alone now knowing his opinion of you..ewww

Yankeegal77

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:30:39 AM »
Some of you may remember my mentioning this little gem here and at the previous board. I was seeing a particular dentist for the first time, and I had my then-13-year-old and infant daughters with me. The teenager was going to keep an eye on the baby while I had my teeth done. In the waiting room, I introduced them to the dentist. He looked from older to younger and said, "Oh, well! Accidents happen!"

That would have been the perfect moment for an icy, "What an interesting assumption."

*sigh*

I hope that was also the *last* time you saw that dentist!

How unspeakably rude and ignorant of him!

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:52:45 PM »

*sigh*

I hope that was also the *last* time you saw that dentist!

How unspeakably rude and ignorant of him!

It was. We moved out of state not too long after that.