News:

• April 20, 2018, 10:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bridezilla  (Read 8832 times)

edenparadox

Bridezilla
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
Friend: Don't turn into a gosh darned bridezilla. We think you might.
Eden: What an interesting assumption.

I haven't asked anyone for anything or even named my bridal party. No one has actually done anything either except Sunny who went dress browsing with me a couple of times and Dancer who I talked weddings with a lot.

Twik

Re: Bridezilla
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 10:06:24 PM »
I'd be tempted to play with this one a little.

"You think I might? You've been discussing this among yourselves? What exactly have you been noticing that would signal my impending transmogrification?"

Was this a friend, or was it actually a relative who really meant, "We notice that you've indicated you are not planning on letting your mother dictate every detail about the wedding, and such social upheaval has us worried?"  ;)
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

edenparadox

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 10:19:54 PM »
It's a friend so I cut him slack and asked what made him think that and he basically told me that I've been very stressed and angry at the world. He's a dear but not terribly good with social skills and cues so I explained why it's okay to be concerned about me freaking out but not okay to tell me I'm going to become a psycho who thinks everyone exists to serve her.

He doesn't quite get the point of phrasing things more properly but he seems to get that bridezilla may be offensive because I explained what connotations it carries.

Basically he told me that he is concerned that I'm too stressed and worried. Which would have been a good thing to start with. *sigh* He's so lucky I know him or I would have reached through AIM and slapped him.

Sophia

• xi
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 10:38:02 PM »
Watching TV with FH, we saw a Bride's tantrum.  He doesn't watch Bridezillas with me, but maybe it was a commercial.  I said to him, "I hope I don't do that."  He said, "Don't worry, you probably will."  Which was actually a relief, because I would hate to think of him getting second thoughts because I got a little upset. 

Bluenomi

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 10:50:28 PM »
I love watching Bridezillas. Every time its on my H2B tells me I can't be like that during our wedding planning. It scares him a little bit. I find it the funniest thing ever.

Twik

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 11:29:35 PM »
It's a friend so I cut him slack and asked what made him think that and he basically told me that I've been very stressed and angry at the world. He's a dear but not terribly good with social skills and cues so I explained why it's okay to be concerned about me freaking out but not okay to tell me I'm going to become a psycho who thinks everyone exists to serve her.

I can understand a non-eHellion assuming a "bridezilla" was simply someone getting upset when wedding planning became difficult, rather than someone running roughshod over friends and family in order to get her way. It's probably not a phrase men in particular use a lot.
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

edenparadox

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »

I can understand a non-eHellion assuming a "bridezilla" was simply someone getting upset when wedding planning became difficult, rather than someone running roughshod over friends and family in order to get her way. It's probably not a phrase men in particular use a lot.

Hence why I patiently discussed the issue with him instead of saying something unpleasant.  :)

You know... I don't know what DF thinks about the whole bridezilla thing. He doesn't take it seriously when I complain that some people say I'm probably going to become one (cause they think it's funny... ha...ha...).

Dindrane

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 09:23:44 PM »
I guess it's good the guy just didn't seem to understand the term?

I agree that it was a pretty rude thing to say, though, especially since you seem only to have gotten past the where and how many questions of your wedding.