Author Topic: I need to tape it above my desk  (Read 4364 times)

DCGirl

I need to tape it above my desk
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:55:24 AM »
I've mentioned the new girl in my office who's starting to drive me nuts.  I need to tape What an interesting assumption above my desk and start using it.  If not, I'm going to lose all the enamel off my teeth by grinding them when she comes up with her snarky comments.  The latest one happened yesterday. 

We had a fire drill at our office and all had to walk down 10 flights of stairs.  We used to be on the second floor of our building, but we moved up to the 10th floor in August.  Several years ago, I was in a very bad accident when I was hit by a car that ran a red light.  I was not in a car when I was hit; I was a pedestrian.  The accident left me with very bad knees, and I'm in some level of pain every day.  I have a lot of problems going up and down stairs as a result.  So, when the fire bell rang, I was less than thrilled about going down 10 flights of stairs, but I did it.  There actually was a small electrical fire going on on another floor.  We got as far down as the third floor when I felt a searing pain and my right knee buckled. 

"Wow, DCGirl, you're not in very good shape, are you?" she said.

I should have used the line, shouldn't I?  Instead I just picked myself up and kept limping down the stairs.

mlkind1789

Re: I need to tape it above my desk
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 11:20:06 AM »
Personally, my evil half thinks you should have reached out and tripped her and said "Gee, annoyingnewgirl, you sure are clumsy, aren't you?"  That would be evil of me though, so yes, I think the line would have worked here. 

BTW, I hope your knees are feeling better after all that climbing.  I imagine my knees are probably not as bad as yours, but I know mine would be aching after walking down 10 flights of stairs.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »
For the sake of your health, can you ask your building management about contingency plans? I know our building does this - they only evacuate the floor above and below where the fire is located, they let disabled people use the elevators and evacuate them early, and they have a list of where they are located in case they cant use the elevators and they have to send up the firemen.  Also, they typically call the offices with disabled people and let them know if they really need to evacuate or if they can just stay put (note - this is when they have enough information to determine if a full evacuation is necessary, not when there is uncertainty)

And yes, it was a good opportunity to use the line.   ;)
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou

Shortcake

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »
I get the feeling this new girl is going to give you pleanty of chances to use this line. 
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

smarterthanu213

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 12:17:31 PM »
Evil Musician would have pulled out her clue-by-four and beat whacked her in the knees with it.

Sadly, that would not have been appropriate.  :'(

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 12:35:11 PM »
I used to work with a guy that was paralyzed from the waist down. We worked on the 4th floor of the building, and when the alarms went off, the elevators shut down. He had a few people that were assigned to him, to make sure that he got out of the building. They were usually the biggest/strongest guys in the department, as they had to "fireman-carry" him (sans wheelchair) down to the main level, and then across the parking lot to the safety zone.

The guys that did the carrying were VERY glad that he was out of the office the day that the alarms went off 4 times in 4 hours (new building and there was a screw up in the wiring). We had to evacuate every. single. time. the darn alarm went off.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
DCGirl, I'm looking forward to more posts from you of your "mis"-adventures with AnnoyingNewGirl.  I hope she doesn't drive you too crazy.
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

DCGirl

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 03:46:48 PM »
DCGirl, I'm looking forward to more posts from you of your "mis"-adventures with AnnoyingNewGirl.  I hope she doesn't drive you too crazy.

Well, I'm going to have to share an office with her (as soon as the furniture arrives for it).  I'm so not looking forward to it.

Sabbyfrog2

• Super Hero!
  • I'm a Super Hero! Now where's my cape?
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »

Well, I'm going to have to share an office with her (as soon as the furniture arrives for it).  I'm so not looking forward to it.

Wweeeeeelll then, it looks like you will have plenty to post about. Wanna borrow my clue-by-four? I just got a new one. It's good and sturdy. Got lots and lots of smacks in it... >:D 

Balletmom

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 02:47:07 PM »
The thought of having to say that at least once a day is a frightening one.

Although a more evil comeback would be "and you're not very sharp, are you?"

Oh dear. AnnoyingNewGirl will be one temptation after another.

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 01:10:56 PM »

Oh...Oh...(((HUGS)))) I am so sorry for you! Tell you what...every time she pulls a snarky stunt, Stick a post it with the line on it to her forehead. She can't ignore them forever can she??