Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

How about its counterpart....

(1/3) > >>

retreadbride:
..."Thank you for sharing your opinion on this."

goblue2539:
I've so far managed to restrain myself from adjusting that line to my actual feelings.
"i'll give that all the consideration it deserves."   

Does saying "I'll take that under consideration" make it any less rude than what I really want to say?

Shortcake:
IMO, saying "I'll take that under consideration" is not rude. I haven't used it in ages (I don't remember the last time)

I used it to convey "I hear what you are saying, and I will think about it."  (Even if I really meant something ruder)

HeebyJeebyLeebee:
I think if you want to spare someone's feelings, then saying SKOYTTAI or "I'll take that under consideration" said with a smile (or "smiling tone") is the way to go.

However, if you're trying to get the point accross that someone's two bits wasn't wanted or to mind their own business, then any similar phrase, especially "I'll give that the consideration it deserves", with the addition of the right tone and maybe an icy glare is the better way to hit someone with a clue by four.

Shortcake:

--- Quote from: Nish2be on October 11, 2007, 12:03:36 PM ---I think if you want to spare someone's feelings, then saying SKOYTTAI or "I'll take that under consideration" said with a smile (or "smiling tone") is the way to go.

However, if you're trying to get the point accross that someone's two bits wasn't wanted or to mind their own business, then any similar phrase, especially "I'll give that the consideration it deserves", with the addition of the right tone and maybe an icy glare is the better way to hit someone with a clue by four.

--- End quote ---

Exactly! You said what I wanted to say, but you explained it much better!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version