Author Topic: How about its counterpart....  (Read 8470 times)

retreadbride

How about its counterpart....
« on: October 10, 2007, 04:21:58 PM »
..."Thank you for sharing your opinion on this."

goblue2539

• Caffeine makes the world go 'round.
Re: How about its counterpart....
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »
I've so far managed to restrain myself from adjusting that line to my actual feelings.
"i'll give that all the consideration it deserves."   

Does saying "I'll take that under consideration" make it any less rude than what I really want to say?

Shortcake

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »
IMO, saying "I'll take that under consideration" is not rude. I haven't used it in ages (I don't remember the last time)

I used it to convey "I hear what you are saying, and I will think about it."  (Even if I really meant something ruder)
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 12:03:36 PM »
I think if you want to spare someone's feelings, then saying SKOYTTAI or "I'll take that under consideration" said with a smile (or "smiling tone") is the way to go.

However, if you're trying to get the point accross that someone's two bits wasn't wanted or to mind their own business, then any similar phrase, especially "I'll give that the consideration it deserves", with the addition of the right tone and maybe an icy glare is the better way to hit someone with a clue by four.
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Shortcake

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 12:05:52 PM »
I think if you want to spare someone's feelings, then saying SKOYTTAI or "I'll take that under consideration" said with a smile (or "smiling tone") is the way to go.

However, if you're trying to get the point accross that someone's two bits wasn't wanted or to mind their own business, then any similar phrase, especially "I'll give that the consideration it deserves", with the addition of the right tone and maybe an icy glare is the better way to hit someone with a clue by four.

Exactly! You said what I wanted to say, but you explained it much better!
"Carry out a random act of kindness, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."  Princess Diana

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »

I used the line "My medical condition is not open for discussion" the other day.  It worked WONDERFULLY.   I was at work and someone came up to me asking/being nosy about my medical condition.  Had they asked in ANY other manner than "What's wrong with your face?" I might have replied differently.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

CeeBee

• Lipstick Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:06 PM »

I used the line "My medical condition is not open for discussion" the other day.  It worked WONDERFULLY.   I was at work and someone came up to me asking/being nosy about my medical condition.  Had they asked in ANY other manner than "What's wrong with your face?" I might have replied differently.

SMACK! with the good ole clue by four. With such rude people like this around (seemingly everywhere) it's no wonder we e-hellions have SO much to talk about.  ;)
There is no tetanus shot for when reality bites you in the bottom...

redcat

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:44:55 AM »
I always liked a line from the Discworld series, "That is, of course, an opinion".

paige =^..^=

• website
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 09:12:53 AM »
I always liked a line from the Discworld series, "That is, of course, an opinion".

I'm not familiar with Discworld, but I did use a very similar line back in college.  I had a group project for a Business class, so we all met in the cafeteria to plan things out.  About 10 mins into it, someone from another table (a complete stranger) walks over and interrupts with her Big Solution.  We all pause, then I say "Well, that's one opinion."  The group returns to planning.  After standing there silent for a few minutes, she just wanders off.   ???  So strange.

jh

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 07:17:37 PM »

I'm a huge Discworld fan.  "Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."

Niona

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 03:15:34 PM »
I've got something really good - The Evil Glare of Death PLUS The Raised Eyebrow!

I have a good evil glare - I'm a Scorpio, so my evil glare can ignite damp newspaper across the room at fifty yards. However, I can also do a raised eyrow a-la Teal'c/Spock. It has a surprisingly quelling effect. The rudest person will suddenly find another place to be when they see the raised eyebrow with the glare.