News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 31, 2015, 11:12:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "Don't worry about it."  (Read 1156 times)

Team HoundMom

"Don't worry about it."
« on: March 24, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »
So apparently my 4-year-old nephew and his mom were out shopping when he saw some Frozen themed underpants and totally wanted them.  His mom said okay, but those are marketed toward girls, so what if you were playing at school or whatever and your pants accidentally hiked down and the other kids made fun of you for wearing Elsa underwear? 

He replied: "I'd say 'Don't worry about it.  I picked them out.  I wanted them.  Don't worry about it.'"

Don't worry about it.

All I know is that I wish I had his attitude when I was a kid and the other kids were all up in my business.  I just got a lesson on how to deal with people crossing social boundaries from a 4-year-old little boy.

Betelnut

Re: "Don't worry about it."
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »
So apparently my 4-year-old nephew and his mom were out shopping when he saw some Frozen themed underpants and totally wanted them.  His mom said okay, but those are marketed toward girls, so what if you were playing at school or whatever and your pants accidentally hiked down and the other kids made fun of you for wearing Elsa underwear? 

He replied: "I'd say 'Don't worry about it.  I picked them out.  I wanted them.  Don't worry about it.'"

Don't worry about it.

All I know is that I wish I had his attitude when I was a kid and the other kids were all up in my business.  I just got a lesson on how to deal with people crossing social boundaries from a 4-year-old little boy.

I love his confidence. 

My only question is: Isn't underwear for girls and boys designed differently?  I've only got a daughter so I'm not sure about that...
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Team HoundMom

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 04:42:08 PM »
I love his confidence. 

My only question is: Isn't underwear for girls and boys designed differently?  I've only got a daughter so I'm not sure about that...

I thought so too, but apparently this kind would work for both a boy or a girl.  I wasn't there, she posted the story as her Facebook status.  She bought him some boy-themed ones as well. 

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »

In my experience, the small accessibility flap on little boy's underwear is used only for entertainment (and not functional) purposes, ha ha.

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »

Don't worry about it.

I normally hate this phrase, but that kid lives life like a boss!

Kiwipinball

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »
Perhaps he would like to give my nephew (same age) a lesson? He threw a massive fit when I tried to take him into the women's restroom (he had to go) because people would "laugh at him." That was fun. :) That's so great your nephew is so confident!

Betelnut

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 07:07:30 PM »

In my experience, the small accessibility flap on little boy's underwear is used only for entertainment (and not functional) purposes, ha ha.

No, I meant more fabric in front...
Native Texan, Marylander currently

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 07:22:39 PM »

I think as long as they size it generously, not a problem. From my experience with nephews/preschool helping, little boy proportions don't make as much difference at that age. (did I put that delicately enough?)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

In my experience, little girls and boys can generally wear underwear meant for the other sex without a problem.  If nothing else the little boy can go a size up, but he may not even need that.

PurpleFrog

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:57 PM »
Your nephew is my hero.
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

BeagleMommy

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
I love that he's so confident.  His parents done good!