Etiquette School is in session! > "So kind of you to take an interest."

"How good of you to notice."

(1/12) > >>

retreadbride:
In response to remarks about birthmarks, scars, warts, zits, the food stain you couldn't quite get off your shirt after lunch, your child's body changes due to puberty, your size during pregnancy....

Especially if the subject of the remark is your child.

DeliaD:
Thank you, I knew I couldn't be the only recipient of this kind of remark.  I always thought it was only appropriate to point out something that could be fixed.

The pimple on my chin?  1) I obviously know about it, given my attempt to cover it somewhat with concealer, and 2) Besides the concealer, which I have already tried, what do you want me to do about it?

auntmeegs:
I hadn't NOTICED that a button fell off my blouse.  No, I just like to wear a safety pin on my shirt as sort of a quirky little thing I do.  Wouldn't want breasts being exposed at work, but aren't regular buttons just so boring?   Thank you SO much for taking such an interest!
(I know, quite snarky, not very polite, but this happened today and the commenter was the office wise-bacon-fed knave so I really couldn't help myself)

retreadbride:
My Obnoxious Gluteous Maximus coworker loudly noted that I was wearing my hair up that day, and informed me that I have a birthmark on the back of my neck.

Yeah. It's been there since I was born. That's why it's called a birthMARK. And your point is.....

Do they think we don't have mirrors?????

HorseFreak:
I have a birthmark on my wrist. I also have VERY small ears that people notice after a couple months and just HAVE to touch them. I really don't mind that so much, but they act like I should be surprised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version