Author Topic: recipes for post-wisdom teeth extraction  (Read 6351 times)

hellgirl

• Procrastinator-extraordinaire!
Re: recipes for post-wisdom teeth extraction
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 08:01:51 PM »
I lived on custard (we make it from the edmonds mix - probably not available in the country you are in!) and mix in cooked rice.

I had had it at a friends place for desert a few weeks before, and thought it was the weirdest thing ever, but yummy. So I lived on it, and like others, was a very happy camper.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 09:55:42 AM »
I had my wisdom teeth and four baby teeth out three days before Christmas one year!  I was a little slow with eating on Christmas Day, but managed to eat all the typical holiday foods (turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, pie, etc).  I also found burritos to be a good food, since you can mostly eat with your front teeth, and not need your molars at all.  Just warn your friend to be sure to do exactly what the doctor orders in regards to taking care of the holes in her mouth!  I wasn't really good about the aftercare, and it healed badly, so that future dentists have all said the scar tissue in my mouth looks really funky!

MameDennis

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 05:01:32 PM »
I've had two major dental surgery traumas, of which I will spare you the details! :P

It's easy--and wonderful--to do mashed potatoes, pureed fruit, etc.  But keep in mind that the body craves protein!  I highly recommend cheese soup, yogurt, hummus (just w/spoon, no pita), and of course beef/chicken broth.  Soft meat dishes like tuna salad might be OK if they're put through the food processor.

Everyone heals diferently, and every surgery is different.  It's important to have options--recovery might bring surprises.  (For instance, during my most recent incident, I couldn't eat anything acidic for a while because it did horrible, horrible things to the abrasions in my mouth.  My beloved hummus just about killed me, thanks to the lemon juice.)