Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 252019 times)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
Aquigoth:  Do you live on Maui?

We live in Waikiki.  I'll see if I can find small image files & post them here.

Oh god I wish! No, I currently live in Los Angeles, but went to Maui last spring during fare sale season :) Maui has so far been one of my very favoritest places to visit, and I'm hoping to spend a bunch of time in Hawaii next summer.

Well, there are certainly a lot of ex-Angelenos living on Maui.  It's rapidly becoming as urbanized as Oahu, which I think is a shame, but probably inevitable.  Whenever I visit Kahului & Kihei, I feel like I'm back in California.  Lahaina Town reminds me of a plastic dipped amusement park, complete with movie stars who thinks they are incognito.

Our favorite getaway islands are Kauai and Moloka'i.  If we go to Maui, we'll try to stay in Hana because it's a welcome change of pace from Waikiki.  The airlines are having an interisland price war, so one way fare is as low as $19 this month.  We'd go "holoholo," but I would rather see Misty  8)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
Well, LA's not exactly my favorite place to live

Please don't get offended, this is just a joke.  I grew up in Northern California.  There has been a water feud and rivalry between Northern & Southern California for as long as I can remember.

So my joke is:
Q:  What's the best view of Los Angeles?
A:  In the rear view mirror  >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2007, 06:52:44 AM »

Our favorite getaway islands are Kauai and Moloka'i.  If we go to Maui, we'll try to stay in Hana because it's a welcome change of pace from Waikiki.  The airlines are having an interisland price war, so one way fare is as low as $19 this month.  We'd go "holoholo," but I would rather see Misty  8)

Stop!  Stop!  You are killing me!  I want to go to Hawai'i so bad, it's torturing me. 

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »
We should have an E-hellion's getaway... in Hawaii.
Utah

dtbrad

« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2007, 01:10:05 PM »
Fireweed,

May I ask where you live - it is MARVELOUS to look at.  I'm so homesick right now.  Hubby and I moved to Florida because he can't get around in the snow (Pompe's Disease) and I get so homesick for snow in the winter, beautiful leaves in the fall . . . .

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #110 on: July 06, 2007, 10:49:55 AM »
I took these in May when the in-laws came for a visit.

This is the view from our hotel room balcony in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.

This is Neuschwanstein...I took this from the parking lot.

This is also Neuschwanstein...This was taken from near where the bus left us. It was still a 15 minute walk.

But it's never too late to correct the faults so many others made ~Midtown

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
I've been there!  LOVED it.  The "Cinderella" castle.  ;D

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
I loved it too! I just can't believe it took us 5 years to go...but we were waiting for our kids to get older.

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »
I don't think there's a single high school group in the ENTIRE United States that has been to Germany and NOT gone there.  ;D

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2007, 04:49:59 PM »
Fireweed,

May I ask where you live - it is MARVELOUS to look at.  I'm so homesick right now.  Hubby and I moved to Florida because he can't get around in the snow (Pompe's Disease) and I get so homesick for snow in the winter, beautiful leaves in the fall . . . .

Hi dtbrad!

I live in Northern Canada...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:15:50 PM by CutebutPsycho »
I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

smarterthanu213

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2007, 03:41:18 AM »
You finally got to Neuschwanstein! Yay!

I've always said when I'm gigantically rich and famous, I'm going to buy it.

Just for the heck of it.

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2007, 04:15:08 AM »
Yes we did!

I'm surprised that my family survived that day.
We drove from Garmisch and all was fine. We parked, took pictures and made our way to purchase tickets. This all too place arourd 1 pm....we bought tickets and our tour wasn't until 4:45 and my younger child wanted to go in the castle in a big bad way...but we had all that time to kill so we told him we were going to go to McD's about 4 km away...Well, this messed with the magical schedule of events that he had in his head so he melted down near the gift shops...(we were outside)
We  were stared at by some older French ladies who then talked about us...and I know enough French to know it wasn't kind.
Finally we get him calm enough to walk (he's almost 8, autistic and in general a tall kid so just picking him up while he's in his zone is not an option)...We made it to McD's and all was fine....
We drove back and got in "line" (you've been to Germany, lines don't really exist) for the horse-drawn carriages..Well, Alex was scared so we left our older son with the in-laws and found the bus stop.
Okay, that might have been the scariest bus ride I've ever taken.
Around 4 pm we finally make it to the castle and find the rest of our family (my hubby took a brief but exhausting trek down some stairs to take pictures of the Marienbrucke)
As you'll notice we still had 45 minutes to entertain ALex....That might have been the slowest 45 minutes of my entire life.
We make it in the castle and all seems to be fine until I notice  that Alex keeps putting something into his mouth...Yep, he had the bubble tape gum that his grandma bought him in his pocket and he was eating it during the tour. OH MY! I about had a heart attack. I was able to hold his hand to keep him from getting to it..I couln't make a big deal about it for fear of him having another meltdown....Finally, the tour ends and we make our way out of the castle...but we lost the in-laws and our other child.
We found other child and he wasn't happy that we were mad at him.
Finally the in-laws come out of the castle...this was a big problem during their trip, they kept forgetting that they weren't alone and had people waiting on them.
By the time we were all together again everything was closing down and we missed the last carriage, and by the time we made it to the bus, it had stopped running too. We walked down which would have been no big deal except the hubby decided that we should take the short cut (that is barely paved) and his step-dad just had knee surgery about 6 months ago...Yeah, he was in serious pain...

but it was (almost) worth it...:)

(sorry for the book)

snoopygirl

• everybody loves an irish girl
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
Those pictures of Holland are so pretty. I have always wanted to go to Holland. My husband says the next international vaction we take is going to be Holland. I am so looking forward to it.

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2007, 05:51:10 PM »
Those pictures of Holland are so pretty. I have always wanted to go to Holland. My husband says the next international vaction we take is going to be Holland. I am so looking forward to it.
Lol, the next international trip WE take is most likely going to be Ireland!
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Nimblicity

• A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    • an American in Yurrup
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2007, 03:00:24 AM »
I want to have a windmill down the road from my house!
Used to be Bienchen

an American in Yurrup