Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 253182 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #1065 on: August 23, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »
Is it that cold already??? Or are you in the southern hemisphere?

Nah, not that cold, my children just have a strange tolerance for heat and cold.  One will wear long sleeves when it's 75 degrees while the other's wearing a parka but when it's 50 degrees out they're insisting they're "fine" in short sleeves and shorts.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1066 on: August 24, 2013, 06:43:23 AM »
I think your kids and I would get along, Piratelvr. I'm outside sunbathing in a bikini and my phone says it's 68F. I'm in my office at work freezing and the thermometer says 72F.

Beautiful, TurtleDove! Congratulations!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1067 on: August 26, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »
Oh, I just found this thread and will be posting oodles of photos. I am just a point and shoot girl, but DH and DS like to get artsy.

Our 2008 Cruise to the Bahamas.

Sailing into port at Nassau, Bahamas.

Formal night, and we are in our finest clothes.

At the island.

Waterlight

« Reply #1068 on: October 20, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
This is a picture of me taken a few months ago, shortly after my 44th birthday (I took my glasses off for this one):

“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1069 on: October 20, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
What striking eyes!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Waterlight

« Reply #1070 on: October 25, 2013, 05:17:51 AM »
Thank you :-*

Ironically I can barely see out of 'em... without really strong glasses I trip over curbs and cracks in the sidewalk!  This picture is one of the few that shows my eyes without a pair of minimizing Coke bottles in front  ;D
“The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.”--Ralph Waldo Emerson

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1071 on: October 30, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
A few from our cruise.

Sunset over the Atlantic

Panoramic of Berry Islands, Bahamas

Berry Islands, Bahamas

New Providence Island, Bahamas

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1072 on: November 01, 2013, 08:51:25 AM »
Beautiful!  I would like to go on another cruise; they're so much fun and have such pretty views.

Jones

« Reply #1073 on: December 13, 2013, 03:33:05 PM »
Happy Holidays from Jean Bean and Gidget.

Gidget is Max's puppy who used to be grey and fit in my hand during photos a year ago. She kept trying to photo bomb my Christmas pictures until we finally let her be officially "in". At which point, DS "Boo Bear" wouldn't hold still for photos, so we gave up on Christmas card pics.

cwm

« Reply #1074 on: December 13, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

Gidget is Max's puppy who used to be grey and fit in my hand during photos a year ago. She kept trying to photo bomb my Christmas pictures until we finally let her be officially "in". At which point, DS "Boo Bear" wouldn't hold still for photos, so we gave up on Christmas card pics.

Gidget is adorable!

I was the head photorapher for Christmas cards this year, as I have a camera that will take successive shots. Over 800 shots of a toddler and we only kept about 11% as decent. Trust me, I feel your pain. Your wiggly, antsy, anti-stillness pain.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1075 on: January 03, 2014, 05:52:56 AM »

Cuties!
Jean Bean, my aunt used to call me Jeanabean. I always liked that nickname.   :)
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1076 on: January 03, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
Some photos from Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Animal Kingdom. Taken December 21st.

The lodge.

The grounds with African wildlife.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1077 on: January 03, 2014, 08:38:47 AM »
From Animal Kingdom.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1078 on: January 03, 2014, 10:31:49 AM »
We're going there in November.  It looks so beautiful, I can't wait!

lofty

• My blog and shops
« Reply #1079 on: March 07, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »
Ooo, I love a good photo-share! :)

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that the thread started with pictures of hawks; my husband is a falconer, so I'm used* to squirrels being viewed as tasty, tasty treats. This was when he stopped by my office with Scarlett, one of the red tails:

*as used to having dead squirrels in your outside freezer as one can get, that is
Coffee and paper make everything better, hence why my blog is www.CaffeinatedPapercuts.com