Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 251877 times)

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
YEAH!!  I'm glad you got it to work!  And the fort is awesome!

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »
I can tell you love your coworkers, geordicat ;)  I like your little pink tree.

Thanks.  :)  I have the best job in the world.  MOST of the people enjoyed the fort and wanted to play.  Just a few stodgy people.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »
YEAH!!  I'm glad you got it to work!  And the fort is awesome!

Thank you for explaining how to finally get the pictures posted!  I figured out what I was doing wrong.. I wasn't getting the whole link  (head slap for me)

My boss is going to just shake his head on Monday.  He's only in our office on Mon and Wed.  The rest of the time he's at the other location.  I'm getting some temps in on Tuesday (one is my friend... she desperately needs work and I know she's darned good at data entry) so the boxes are in preparation for this major filing job.  We have enough filing to keep some temps busy for at least a year.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2007, 09:11:51 PM »
We have enough filing to keep some temps busy for at least a year.

Judging from those pictures, I bet you do!

Urbanfairy

« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2007, 08:00:58 AM »
I popped to my local shopping centre today, to do a bit of christmas shopping, and I got this great view from the roof top parking (its a bit wet and windy)...

Its the Queen Victoria. She came into her home port (and my home town) of Southampton on saturday, and she sets off on her maiden voyage tomorrow.
She is absolutly beautiful.... and HUGE.

Romes7329

• Go Sox!
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2008, 12:36:06 AM »
I hope that its okay to post this picture.  It is one of the best pictures I've ever taken and I just love that you can see all the individual hairs and snowflakes on her fur.

Also, some pictures of the ice storm we had last month in the midwest.  We didn't get hit as hard as some areas but I still thought some of these pictures are really cool.
This pine tree usually rests on the wall of the building:

The following are just visuals of the ice on the trees.  I swear I'm not artistic at all.  in fact, my Husband didn't believe me when I told him I took these pictures.

"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" ~JK Rowling

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »
Wow, those are amazing, Romes!  I love the pup and the icy branch pictures!

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »
Beautiful job on the ice branch pictures!  Just stunning. 

And pretty puppy, too!!

Romes7329

• Go Sox!
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
Thanks, I've never been a big picture person until we got the dog :)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2008, 07:50:56 PM »
Romes, what a GORGEOUS dog. Gorgeous. Beautiful picture too. He reminds me of my Frankie.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
Handsome dog & chillingly beautiful icy branches, Romes.  I can almost feel the cold in my bones.

We've been hitting the low 60s/high 50s (degrees Farenheit) at night here in Hawaii.  We left the cold Mainland over 17 years ago & neither of us can tolerate the cold anymore.  My joints hurt when it gets in the 60s.

For those of you who pooh-pooh my sad tale because you are digging out of a 6 foot snow drift or your ice-laden tree fell down and blocked your driveway, please remember we don't have furnaces or fireplaces.  I feel your pain when I watch the evening news and see the icy roads and blizzard conditions.  It's just that there are days/nights when I would dearly love to curl up in front of a nice, warm fire.  Instead, I do laundry.  The dryer helps to warm our condo.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Romes7329

• Go Sox!
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for the kind words about the pictures.  We didn't get hit with the amount of ice as other places did, but there was still a good inch of ice everywehre.  I literally skated to my car that morning and then had to chip my way into my car with my keys.  Took me around an hour to finally get my car drivable.  And hten they sent us home from work early because of an impending snowstorm (which never hit).  I was mad I wasted all that time getting into my car.

And of course Athena is amazingly photogenic.  I wish I knew more about Photoshop to play with the pictures more than just making them black and white.

Handsome dog & chillingly beautiful icy branches, Romes.  I can almost feel the cold in my bones.

We've been hitting the low 60s/high 50s (degrees Farenheit) at night here in Hawaii.  We left the cold Mainland over 17 years ago & neither of us can tolerate the cold anymore.  My joints hurt when it gets in the 60s.
Midnight Kitty, I know what you mean about the cold.  We don't pay for heat in our apartment so we have it as high as it can go (74 degrees) all day.  When I moved back to Boston last week, I moved in with my parents.  It not any colder here than it was in Iowa, but I'm freezing because my parents pay for heat and they keep their house at 66 degrees.  The 8 degree difference is amazingly chilling.  So I totally understand what you're saying about hitting  degrees that you're not used to.

Ulla dances in a silly way

• Super Secret Level 5 Ninja Wizard
  • Only a little off.
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2008, 05:48:40 PM »
This isn't a very good picture, but I thought I would share one of the wonders of Ulla's College. The white squirrel! I circled him on the pic, I know it probably doesn't look much like a squirrel, my camera is bordering on ancient.

Then one more from today that I thought was fun:

ETA: Sorry about the size! I didn't double check when I posted... oops  :-[
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 10:37:33 PM by Ulla dances in a silly way »

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »
Ulla, Can you make the second picture of the bare trees smaller?

The overall impact is lost because when I scroll over to see the right part, the top part is off my screen.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »
Ulla, Can you make the second picture of the bare trees smaller?

The overall impact is lost because when I scroll over to see the right part, the top part is off my screen.

Just in case Ulla doesn't see this request right away - what you can do to view a smaller image of the picture is right click on it, then select "View Image". It will open up in a new window in a slightly smaller size so you can see the whole picture.