Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 249728 times)

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
LOL, I think it looks more like he is laughing :)

I got a couple of other good shots that day, I'll have to see what I can do with them later!

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #871 on: October 03, 2010, 11:49:58 PM »
My sisters each have a dog and they come visit me frequently.  This is by far my favorite picture of her on my bed.

If you can't tell the breed she's supposed to be a rat terrier.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #872 on: October 04, 2010, 03:44:25 PM »
Z's first fencing tournament.  He didn't win, but he didn't come in last, either.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

AdakAK

« Reply #873 on: October 04, 2010, 04:46:19 PM »
That looks like he's having a lot of fun!  Thanks for sharing!

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #874 on: November 19, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »

I figured out how to connect the scanner/printer/fax to my new computer!  (If I waited on Mr. Sirius' help...)  Anyway, this was taken at our wedding reception May 2, 1998.  My older sister made us a gorgeous quilt to match that pillow.  If you look closely, you'll notice that I'm wearing my wedding band on my pinky.  That's because the salesperson at the jewelry store sold Mr. Sirius the wrong size ring.  When we took the ring in to be resized I watched her reach in and grab a ring from the wrong row to compare it with, and when I pointed this out she showed me that on her side the size was correct.  Once we got all that sorted out we got the ring sized so I could wear it on the correct finger.

bigozzy

« Reply #875 on: November 30, 2010, 05:10:27 AM »
Cats are not impressed with unprecedented snow fall:

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #876 on: November 30, 2010, 02:56:54 PM »
Wow, BigOzzy, that is some snow! We had a sprinkling over in Liverpool today, it quickly turned to ice though. :( I hope we get some real snow soon, the kids are dying to play on their sled.

bigozzy

« Reply #877 on: December 01, 2010, 06:01:31 AM »
Wow, BigOzzy, that is some snow! We had a sprinkling over in Liverpool today, it quickly turned to ice though. :( I hope we get some real snow soon, the kids are dying to play on their sled.

Has it headed your way? We had several more inches yesterday and last night. In fact there was enough to make a huge snow fort, completely covered in thick snow.

I did this after clearing 3 elderly neighbour's paths and then realised I am not in my 30's anymore.

My wife was not very sympathetic, something about acting like a kid and not listening but I wasn't paying attention as I was engaged in a snowball fight.

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #878 on: December 01, 2010, 06:54:57 AM »

Has it headed your way? We had several more inches yesterday and last night. In fact there was enough to make a huge snow fort, completely covered in thick snow.

I did this after clearing 3 elderly neighbour's paths and then realised I am not in my 30's anymore.

My wife was not very sympathetic, something about acting like a kid and not listening but I wasn't paying attention as I was engaged in a snowball fight.
It's headed my way! (I'm in Leicester, by the way). It's been snowing all morning, I love it  ;D. Of course, since it's also sunny, there's not that much settling, but I'll take what I can.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #879 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
Some new photos from me.

this image has been removed by the poster
Jack, asleep on our bed. 

Bonny paw.  A frequent sight first thing in the morning.

Sweet Pattootie dancing with Bonny. 

Claudio, aka "Boo."  It looks like he's going "Think, think, think," like Winnie the Pooh, but he's acutally just cleaning his claws.

My favorite photo of Sweet Pattootie.  This was taken several years ago at the Bristol Ren Faire in Kenosha, WI.  That's a fried of ours in the far right with the "You're such a show-off!" look. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 03:23:34 PM by HeebyJeebyLeebee »
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #880 on: December 07, 2010, 01:15:38 PM »
It's so strange to see SP with hair! I'm used to him shaving his head, and having facial hair... To see the reverse is just odd. :) At least now I'll be able to recognize him when I see him later this month! :D Has he been doing WW with you? Looks like he has slimmed down since the last photos you posted. :)

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #881 on: December 07, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »
I was going to say the same thing, Samantha, he looks like he's lost weight.  Claudio, on the other hand.....

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #882 on: December 08, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
LOL!  Yes, Claudio's my lovabale lump.  There's a reason he and Hero are referred to as "The Chubsters." 

And SP's lost 6 inches in his waist since the end of summer!  He joined WW after I'd already gotten a good start.  It's not fair that he gets to eat more than me, but I'm really proud of him.  He's got a neck!!!  His blood chemistry's improving, his knees and back aren't bothering him as much.  He's also taking meds to help his snoring, but the weight loss has helped too.  He's not as tired and grumpy all the time anymore since his quality of sleep has improved.  Now he just sounds like a lawnmower rather than a freight train.  ;D

He's very excited that he needs new pants and a new belt. 
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #883 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:05 PM »
Congratulations to Sweet Pattootie!  He's making a big lifestyle improvement and it sounds like it is for all the right reasons, so (hopefully) he will be able to sustain it.  We found that we had more energy after we bought "The Cloud," our good quality mattress with the memory foam topper.  Better sleep leads to a better life!

My cat, Bootsie, weighs in at 13-14 pounds.  She's a Chubster, too.  I know it's not good for her health to be so overweight.  She has arthritis and it's hard for her to get around.  The weight is hard on her heart, too.  But DH says, "let her be."  She and Midnight will turn 17 on 1/15/2011.  DH says Bootsie will never lose enough weight to make a difference, so let her enjoy the one thing she can - her dinner.  As long as she doesn't gain any more weight, I'll go along with it.  She gives me those big "puppy dog" eyes; The ones that say, "I'm STARVING!  I can't remember the last time I ate."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:27:58 PM by Midnight Kitty »
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #884 on: December 08, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »
We bought a new mattress last March - at the Rodeo of all places!!!  It's a dual zone king, each with a different firmness level (that was measured for each of us).  Oddly, we both take the same level of firmness.  We've also raised the head of the bed a little since his doctor thinks GERD is contributing to his snoring (and meds for that too).  New pillows too.  SP's been a snorer all his life, and it's primarily structural.  He's still doing sleep studies to determine if there's a better course of action (c-pap, surgery, different meds, etc).

But the new mattress made a world of difference for me!!!   ;D  Much better sleep.  (and the old mattress was just WRONG - he bought it when he married his ex-wife.  Definitely time for a new one!)

Claudio's 15 lbs, and while we'd like him to be a healthier weight, it's not going to happen.  Even out vet has said it's extremely challenging trying to get cats lose weight and that other than the weight, both cats are very healthy.  It's hard to engage him in play/exercise - he'd rather cuddle.  And he's not gaining any.  He loves Jack, the older of the 2 dogs, but he's not so sure about Bonny.  He's warming up to her and starting to stand his ground (Bonny's so curious and bouncy - understandable that the cats of terrified of her).  I think once he's settled with Bonny that he out-ranks her, he'll spend less time sleeping on the guest bed and more time moving around.