Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 252182 times)

Rosey

• Super Hero!
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #915 on: February 20, 2011, 06:55:17 AM »
Cathy, your daughter is just beautiful! I've seen pictures of you on here (though not in a while!) and she seems to look a lot like her mom.  :)

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #916 on: February 20, 2011, 04:04:33 PM »
Cathy, your grandson is the living image of his mum! What gorgeous photos.

Crowgirl, that's so cute! My kids made it until 9pm new years eve (oldest daughter was the first to give up and go to sleep :D ).

Alboury

• Evil Iggy
  • Nemo me impune definit.
« Reply #917 on: March 02, 2011, 06:39:41 PM »
Haha, just found this on my computer as I was shuffling through some pictures. A photograph of a card including a photograph taken somewhere in the very early 1990's. I received the card upon my high school graduation from the boy in blue overalls. I saw the very same boy yesterday (sadly, he had to tell my my summer boots are beyond repair). It will soon be 20 years since the picture in the picture was taken and we're still friends. And I still play the guitar. He, however, no more wears blue overalls.

Row, row, row thy boat gently down the stream.
Oh Charon, hast thou ever know'd that Death is but a dream?"

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #918 on: March 03, 2011, 04:12:02 PM »
Alboury, that is ADORABLE!!! I actually tilted my head to the side and said "awww."

Here are a couple of photos I took last week. It was the middle of the night and VERY cold out so I only got a couple shots. There is a limit to the amount of suffering I am willing to endure for my art. ;)

I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #919 on: March 06, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
We're getting ready to move next week, and apparently Ms. Carrot Cake is worried that we'll leave her behind.

I refuse to divulge just how many of those boxes there are filled with books.  I do wonder what the new neighbors will think when they see that 80% of our belongings are being carried in in wine boxes ;D

Alboury

• Evil Iggy
  • Nemo me impune definit.
« Reply #920 on: March 06, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »
RainhaDoTexugo: that looks very, very familiar. Each an every one in my family has the same thing: loads and loads and loads of books. Whereas most families, in detached houses, have a workroom, ours was practically a library with a desk and a computer there. A cousin of mine nearly dropped his jaw when he was helping my brother move and asked if there was much stuff left "in that room there". My brother answered that there were only his books there. Cousin opened the door and saw a shoulder-high wall of - yes - wine boxes! It's the best kind of box ever for moving books: planned to carry the considerable weight of 12 wine bottles, is easy to fill without leaving loose space, and is small enough not to get devilishly heavy when it's full of books. Upon my brother moving, we made an experiment and found out that it takes 49 wine boxes to fill up the trunk of a farmer Mercedes when the back seats are turned down.
Row, row, row thy boat gently down the stream.
Oh Charon, hast thou ever know'd that Death is but a dream?"

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #921 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:40 PM »
The wine boxes really are perfect, aren't they?  My brother is a chef, and worked at a wine bar when they bought their house, so we got all the boxes he saved :)  That's really only about half the books, though - the ones from the living room, and a box or two from the small bookcase in the bedroom.  We still have the bigger dining room bookcases to pack, and a few large boxes of books that are in storage for lack of bookshelves.  I knew I had a decent library, but I had no idea just how many books there were til I started packing.  Luckily, I got myself a Kindle last fall - otherwise, I don't know how I could fit them all into the new house.

Snewt

« Reply #922 on: March 06, 2011, 09:25:55 PM »
Cathy- You have such a beautiful family.  I remember when DD's little guy was born, he's a few days younger than Baby Snewt.  He looks like a wonderful little guy. 

Rainha, we have this issue every time we move.  Seems to run in my family... my aunts are all the same way.

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
« Reply #923 on: March 10, 2011, 01:41:43 PM »
This is a collage I made of photos from Thing 3's first birthday sitting (My friend took the pictures)  I made similar ones of Thing 1 and of Thing 2.

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
« Reply #924 on: March 10, 2011, 02:42:59 PM »
Your daughter is absolutely beautiful, cupcake fiend.
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

Whimsyone

« Reply #925 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
Hi! Hello! My first post today!

This is a Sawyer's ? hawk from my friend's house. Her husband runs educational workshops with his birds. He has several impressive ones in a huge cage in his backyard.

I am a photographer, as well. I shoot portraits, landscapes and absolutely LOVE my local photo club!
"Half of being smart is knowing what you're stupid at." Anon.

AdakAK

« Reply #926 on: March 14, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »
Welcome Whimsyone!  I don't see your photo.  :(  I'd love to see the hawk!!  I use photobucket for my ehell photos, I'm too lazy to change to one of the newer sites... 

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #927 on: March 16, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Very cute little Thing, Cupcake Fiend!

Whimsyone, I can't see your photo either.

AdakAK

« Reply #928 on: March 16, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
Lucky is a Cavalier King Charles spaniel that my mum and stepdad rescued. He's a real sweetheart. <3

How did I miss that?  I really, really want one.  Spaniel personality and smarts, in a little package.  I may try to convince DH in a few years, when it might actually work for our crew to have one.  Adorable!  I hope you share more photos...  ;)

AdakAK

« Reply #929 on: March 16, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »
I love the collage Cupcake Fiend!  Did you use a program?