Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 248120 times)

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #930 on: March 16, 2011, 01:44:32 PM »
Thanks everyone! 

AdakAK, I used Photoshop, but all I did was the cropping & setting the pieces in place.  I am not sure what my friend uses for photo editing.

Here is the one I did of Thing 2:

And Thing 1: (So long ago, sniff!)

AdakAK

« Reply #931 on: March 16, 2011, 01:46:24 PM »
I love all of those!  You have a great eye!  I am jealous, I have no spacial skills like that at all. 

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #932 on: March 16, 2011, 03:40:29 PM »
Some photos of my boys.

First, Z, who is (obviously) a fencer:

and... in action...

And G, who is the sailor.  He's on the yardarm of the brigantine Exy Johnson here, about 40' off of the deck (or 60' above the water.)

After I showed him that picture, he pointed out that his safety harness clip is dangling down behind him.  He had forgotten to clip in and had actually slipped while working there.  He didn't notice that he wasn't attached until he went to climb down.  I asked him not to tell me things like that in the future -- and to clip in!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Flora Louise

• Nothing like champagne for a champagne occasion.
« Reply #933 on: March 28, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »
They obviously have the "Dashing" gene, art2002. From whom did they inherit that, I wonder.  ;)
Just because you're disappointed in me doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #934 on: March 28, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »
They obviously have the "Dashing" gene, art2002. From whom did they inherit that, I wonder.  ;)

Thanks!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

CuriousGeorge

« Reply #935 on: April 22, 2011, 02:09:38 AM »
My sisters each have a dog and they come visit me frequently.  This is by far my favorite picture of her on my bed.

If you can't tell the breed she's supposed to be a rat terrier.

I've been laughing out loud for the past few minutes and I'm still going.   :D

JoanOfArc

« Reply #936 on: May 03, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »

This is of me in high school.  I just found it again and love it.  The dress is a family heirloom; it belonged to my great-great-grandmother and was her wedding dress.  It is tradition for girls in my family to get their picture made in it when they are old enough that it fits.

Taken this summer, in Arizona.  I had just gotten apples from my tree.  I was very excited. 
Chicken-keeper, welder, artist, student and lover of all things literary.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #937 on: May 03, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »
What a lovely tradition!  You and the dress are just beautiful.  Approximately how old is the dress?  Did she make it herself?

JoanOfArc

« Reply #938 on: May 03, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »
Thank you!  The dress is around 120 years old.  I'm unsure of if she made it, but it was handmade (you can tell by the stitching).  My Mom recently got it professionally cleaned and restored, but, honestly, I think it belongs in a museum, as it is very delicate.  You have to be careful about getting in and out of it.  We've talked about donating it, even looked at a few Czech heritage museums (great-great-grandmother was a Czech immigrant to Texas), but haven't made a decision.  My cousin, the last great-great-granddaughter in this generation, had her picture taken in it last year.  It is no real rush- we have it in a preservation bag recommended by the cleaners, but I would like to see it in a place where more people could see it and appreciate it. 
Chicken-keeper, welder, artist, student and lover of all things literary.

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
« Reply #939 on: May 05, 2011, 01:17:58 PM »
That dress and the story behind it are beautiful!!

When I worked in a portrait studio we had a family come in for Christening photos of their baby. The Christening gown had been made from a great-grandmother's wedding gown and every baby in the family had worn it. The names and dates of all the Christenings were written on one of the layers of fabric.

Ereine

« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »
I visited one of my favourite places in my town yesterday with my boyfriend. It's an island full of oaks and pretty villas and is partly a nature conservation area. I like to go walking there and May is the best time for it as the ground is covered with wood anemones, it's very pretty.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #941 on: May 10, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
I love this pic of Pirate boy 1 from this weekend
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #942 on: May 11, 2011, 11:35:13 AM »
That is a great shot.  You caught him in a great pose in front of a beautiful fleeting moment.
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

heartmug

« Reply #943 on: May 11, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
Awesome picture of your son!
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain

Shea

« Reply #944 on: May 12, 2011, 09:09:25 PM »
I took this picture at sunrise out my bedroom window. The lighting ended up looking really cool.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:12:35 PM by Shea »

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.