Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 252137 times)

AngelicGamer

Re: Picture thread
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2007, 03:37:00 AM »
Yay photos!  I wish I had looked at this thread earlier.  I love looking at all the pictures, and here are some of mine.

There would be my pup's very own snow bank.  He's very proud of it and glad his sister made it for him.  All nice and cold.

The sunset from Asheville at a hotel where my friend used to work.  We decided to wait until after her shift was done to wait for her to get dinner.  We're so glad that we did.

This is from around Asheville as well.  We could have gone in and swam, but there were so many people around that day that we decided to just watch the waterfall.  It looked so lovely to go into the water though.

This is from the Biltmore House, in their rose garden.  It seems like a perfect cottage to just go hide away in.  I love the look of it.

That's all I have for now.  :)

"Life's tough, huh?  And then you die." ~ Buck, the Magnificent Seven.

wendybird

« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2007, 04:27:42 PM »
here are some i've taken! i'm a photography major in school  8).

my boy.. isn't he cute?

a friend

this is what i've been interested in lately.

self portrait.

MOHinhell

« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2007, 11:32:17 PM »
These are some really great photos!  Here's just a few from my collection:
Costa Rica:

Little monkey buddy

Macaws

I have some of Alaska also, but I haven't uploaded those yet.

MOHinhell

« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2007, 02:12:23 PM »
Ohhhh I am so jealous of your monkey picture!!!

He was crawling on people's shoulders and hanging out.  I had this weird fear of him for some reason, like he was gonna bite my ears or something.  Plus, he kept stealing my pink water bottle away from me!  But DH liked him.  Here's another with him and DH for ya.  :)

Chonsil

« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
They are tearing down the old mill that's across the road from me. This is what used to be there:

And this is the stage it's at just now:

Architecturally not a big loss to the town. The old chimney stack is due to come down as well. Some people want to keep it as a historical marker, but personally I don't have any great attachment to it.

They are going to build 70 houses and flats in this space. That's a lot put into the area and they will be very typical of new developmens around here, but still, they will look much nicer than the old building and provide nice homes for people. And bring more residents into the area which I think will be nice. The area could do with a little economic kick in the pants.

And here's a lovely view of Segovia, Spain as seen from the Parador we stayed in at the beginning of July:

And this is a plaza in Segovia with part of the cathedral showing at the far end:

(sorry, I tried to make them a bit smaller but doesn't seem to have worked.)

HushHush

« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »
I took this as part of a photography assignment at another board I'm on.  Its supposed to show depth of field.  It had been really cloudy and rainy for a few days before this picture was taken and leaving the aperture open (I think?) I got a lot of a light in it.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2007, 09:17:34 PM »
Let's see if I remember how to do this.  I want to update y'all on how big Misty is getting.  I actually sat on her back (bareback - no saddle) a couple times last weekend.

Here she is wearing her new bridle and saddle.

Her ears are back because I'm telling her to back up.  She doesn't like to go away from me.  She's much better at coming TO me  :D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2007, 07:35:39 AM »
Let's see if I remember how to do this.  I want to update y'all on how big Misty is getting.  I actually sat on her back (bareback - no saddle) a couple times last weekend.

Here she is wearing her new bridle and saddle.

Her ears are back because I'm telling her to back up.  She doesn't like to go away from me.  She's much better at coming TO me  :D

Another horse owner! I've been tempted to post photos (as if I had time!) of what I've been doing this past 10 days.  My 30 year old mare developed a hoof abcess and each day I soak it in betadine and water, then pack the hoof with a cotton wad with Epsom salts and betadine on it, wrap the hoof in vet wrap and then duct tape over it all.  Yesterday I went on a search to find an Easyboot to eliminate the duct tape since walking in it is destroying it.  Put the Easyboot on over the packing last night and it's working great! 

MOHinhell

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2007, 10:59:47 AM »
Wanted to post a couple pics of my little dog, since it looks like there are a few other Bostie lovers on here.  :)

When he was a little bit younger

aline

• formerly farfalla
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »
SeattleSuz that picture of your dog eyeing the cookie is just too cute! Makes me want to pet him. ;)

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2007, 01:01:20 PM »
SeattleSuz that picture of your dog eyeing the cookie is just too cute! Makes me want to pet him. ;)

I really like that one, too!  ;D

Athos_000

• Cats.... The Perfect Protein?
    • kbaumanart.com
« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2007, 11:49:32 AM »
That cookie photo made me laugh really loud... good thing I am the only one in my office.

My DH likes to tease my bostons by saying "cookie" and "biscuits" really slowly. It drives them crazy!

MOHinhell

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2007, 11:54:17 AM »
My DH likes to tease my bostons by saying "cookie" and "biscuits" really slowly. It drives them crazy!

My DH has a keyword for Vegas.  It's "kitties"  If we say that more than twice, he starts to makes these noises like a cats meow!  And then he starts to do this weird howl, kind of a half a$$ed howl.  It's so freakin funny!!!!

Athos_000

• Cats.... The Perfect Protein?
    • kbaumanart.com
« Reply #133 on: August 15, 2007, 11:55:39 AM »
lol! I wonder what goes on in their heads, they have the best reactions.

ccnumber4

« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2007, 11:58:23 AM »
SeattleSuz, the cookie picture made my day!