Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 248606 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #945 on: May 12, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
That is a great shot.  You caught him in a great pose in front of a beautiful fleeting moment.

Thanks. :) I get quite shutter happy when I've got a camera in my hand and a sunrise to watch.  I was really glad when they wanted to watch a sunrise with me, but on Mother's Day they slept in.

More sunrise pictures.  I plan on framing some of these and displaying them around the house.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #946 on: May 12, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »
I took this picture at sunrise out my bedroom window. The lighting ended up looking really cool.

That does look really pretty!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

bigozzy

« Reply #947 on: May 13, 2011, 05:36:08 AM »
Stop with the lovely pictures. I am at work looking at my calendar and the dates circled for a holiday on a remote Scottish Island seem soooo far away.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #948 on: May 13, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
Stop with the lovely pictures. I am at work looking at my calendar and the dates circled for a holiday on a remote Scottish Island seem soooo far away.

I want to take a vacation on a remote Scottish Island. Preferably with my companion of choice and NO phone/internet access.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #949 on: May 21, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »
Cat in a box.

Because they're always cuter when you think there's a chance that they can be stored indefinitely without having to feed or clean up after them.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

JoanOfArc

« Reply #950 on: May 24, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
Anna_Garny, your cat is adorable! 
Chicken-keeper, welder, artist, student and lover of all things literary.

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #951 on: May 24, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »
Because they're always cuter when you think there's a chance that they can be stored indefinitely without having to feed or clean up after them.

ROFL!  Too funny!

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Bibliophile

• May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #952 on: May 25, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
Here's Miso - the 1st pic was from the rescue website of what she looked like when we got her, the 2nd is from a couple months ago - about 5 1/2 years later

And Toshio.  DH has been cleaning today - the cat has been put back in storage...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:03:06 PM by Bibliophile »

“Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.” ~ Groucho Marx

Everlee

« Reply #953 on: May 26, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »

This was up the street from my parents house last night.  We live about ten minutes away and had a ton of funnel pictures taken near us, too, but they are not near as clear as this one. 
The storm was so bad it completely tore up our wooden jungle gym in the back yard.  Our glider swing got thrown into the air and was pierced through the gym set.  I have a picture of it I will put up once it gets loaded.
I wish I had taken a picture of my kids under the mattress.  YDD was sound asleep on her pillow.  ODD was clutching her bike helmet on her head and scared to death that her Nana was going to get hurt.   :(

ShieldMaiden

• Lady of Rohan
« Reply #954 on: May 29, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »

WARNING:  If you are squicked out by photos of a heavily pregnant woman, you may not want to look at these  :P

Here's a few photos from our recent trip to Charleston, SC.

And here's one of my favorite photos of ShieldMan and me at our baby shower:

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #955 on: May 29, 2011, 08:52:25 AM »
ShieldMaiden, those are lovely photos!

Captains Flat, Australia

CrayonOutlines

« Reply #956 on: May 29, 2011, 10:08:23 AM »
Shieldmaiden, you look glowing/gorgeous/happy/beautiful!  Congratulations!

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #957 on: May 29, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »

Three of our adorable Border Collie pups.

Captains Flat, Australia

Ereine

« Reply #958 on: June 03, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
My town has an old castle that dates back to the beginning of 14th century, though I don't think that there's anything that's that old left and most of the castle was in a pretty bad shape before it was restored in 1960s or so. I haven't been there in a few years but visited it today with some friends I hadn't seen in a few years and it was fun showing them around the castle and my town. And seeing them, even though it was too long since I last saw them it was like no time had passed. They live a lot closer to me now so hopefully I'll see more of them (and was invited to visit them, they live in a pretty nice town as well so I think that I'll go). Here are some pictures of the castle and more are here.

Alboury

• Evil Iggy
  • Nemo me impune definit.
« Reply #959 on: June 09, 2011, 11:44:45 AM »
Now that we got into old Finnish castles, the town nearby which I grew up has one, too. A bit younger than the one in Ereine's pictures, though. But, in addition, there are five waaaay older fort hills scattered about. Once, in 2007 or so, I landed a week's autumn break without getting work anywhere, so I visited one of those each working day with a camera. I am currently using the old family computer in my mother's apartment and I just scanned through what I exactly have stored on this pieceawhatnot, and so found the pictures I took from the fort hills back then. One of them especially pleased me (although it wasn't very good a camera and it wasn't a day particularly fine for photographs), as it very effectively demonstrates what most of Finland looks like in mid-autumn. The only thing missing is a lake somewhere.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:46:38 AM by Alboury »
Row, row, row thy boat gently down the stream.
Oh Charon, hast thou ever know'd that Death is but a dream?"