Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 217491 times)

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2007, 04:54:04 PM »
This looks so fun, I just have to join in!  What wonderful pictures everyone has!  We finally got a really nice camera this year, so I'm sure I'll be posting more in the future.  I'll start with the amphibians :)

Here are some green frogs Rana clamitans, taken at a forest preserve near Chicago:

Here's another from the nature center.  This is a red-tailed hawk, who has a problem with his wing, hence his being kept in captivity.  I really love how this picture turned out, it looks like he's dancing:

And some interesting looking beetles.  I hope you'll forgive me for posting a picture that would be somewhat erotic, at least if you were turned on by beetles :)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 04:59:04 PM by RainhaDoTexugo »

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
And here's the critters at home:

My BF took this one, it's our cat Carrot Cake.  I promise it's not shopped in any way, it was taken at a very low shutter speed, though, during the brand new camera experimentation phase:

Here's Carrot again, the non-ghost version:

Her brother Bun, being typical:

Bun posing:

This is Simba, who would have been on our Christmas cards if we knew more than 1 person who expected a card:

And finally, for the kitties, here's Broadway, not wreaking havoc for once.  She looks like a sweet little kitten, but she's really a fully grown big softie disguised as a cranky witch:

And now, if you don't like snakes, scroll down fast!  Here's Shadow looking beautiful (I believe BF took this one, but I'm not positive):

And here's Gravity helping us decide what to order for dinner:

They're both Ball Pythons Python regius

And last but not least, here's our Pacman frog Ceratophrys ornatus, Radar:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 03:02:04 PM by RainhaDoTexugo »

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2007, 05:39:55 PM »
Thank you Aquigoth.  I think my snakes are gorgeous too, although I know some don't agree :)  I've met a few people with Bun doubles.  Can you tell I like animals?

I promise to post some of my nice nature shots later, after I get my laptop fixed, these were just the ones I had handy on photobucket already.

Cyndi

« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2007, 02:16:13 PM »
I captured this morning's(August 28) eclipse with my digital camera. The pictures aren't Hubble telescope quality and the pictures at totality didn't transfer well from camera to computer(it was clear in the camera! Grr!), but you can still see the progression of Earth's shadow over the moon. The very last one did show a little of the beautiful blood red moon during totality.

Fun fact: The moon turns red during eclipses for the same reason our sky is blue! Our atmosphere scatters red light(hence the blue sky). If you stood on the moon during an eclipse, the edges of the earth would turn red like a global sunset :)

2:02 a.m.

2:08 a.m.

2:17 a.m.

2:26 a.m.

2:34 a.m.

2:44 a.m.

2:53 a.m. - point of totality

2:55 a.m.

2:57 a.m. - See the bits of red? It was a RED eclipse!!! ^_^

Shores

• Super Hero!
  • F.O.E.
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »
wow, thanks Cyndi! I totally missed getting to see this (stupid Europe :( ) so its great getting to see your pictures!
Wherever you go.... there you are.

Cyndi

« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »
Yeah, it was soooooo quiet too. I mean there was the freeway and stuff but there was no wind and no neighbor noises. I enjoyed it.

smarterthanu213

« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »
Thanks for posting those Cyndi!! I thought about getting up for it, but I'm really cranky when interrupted from sleep. ;)

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2007, 03:47:25 AM »
I took my little men to Paris a few weeks ago.....

But it's never too late to correct the faults so many others made ~Midtown

Rei-chan

• It's been awhile, but it's good to be back!
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

ItZWhoUKnow, you're bringing back good memories for me!  I love Paris.  The last time I was there (2002) we stayed at a hotel not far from the Obelisk, and IIRC, the one with your son near the round tree was at Napoleon's Tomb, right?

I want to go back!!!!   ;D

ItZWhoUKnow

• I can't re-
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2007, 04:15:29 PM »
The tree was in the Tuileries Gardens. We had breakfast on Rue de Rivoli and we took a walk over to the Louvre and hung out for a bit before we caught our bus to Disney.
It was a quick trip. From start to finish we were only gone 32 hours. I'm still in shock that I survived the bus trip with two autistic children...only one meltdown from one child and that was when we had to leave...and I'm pretty sure that happens on a regular basis at Disney...:)
I'm taking them back in the Spring but it will be a longer trip where I actually get to see the inside of places.
But it's never too late to correct the faults so many others made ~Midtown

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2007, 05:09:28 PM »
A couple of fall pictures I took last week. I played hookey from work to go to Kluane National Park... it's so spectacular this time of year! Oh and one of the Bison we saw on the side of the road. :)

I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

Cyndi

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 10:55:13 AM »
More artsy photography from me(not a self-portrait this time). This is nuts--I have no training and I can do this stuff. I scare myself LOL

http://cyndilovespiccolo.deviantart.com/art/Faith-65817766

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #147 on: October 15, 2007, 06:13:07 PM »
Here's a sunrise from last month.  I consider myself very lucky that I happened to actually be awake at sunrise and have time to take photos.

See, us city dwellers can get halfway decent nature shots too  ;)

J.D.

• Ice Cube Terrorist
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2007, 11:14:31 AM »
Oh wow, you all have some fantastic photos!  Now I know where to come when I need a pick-me-up - these pictures just make me smile.  :)

I've mentioned in other threads that I went to school in Northern Ontario, so here are a few shots of my university campus.  I can't take credit, since they're from the school website, and all my pictures are trapped in my camera which is sans battery right now.  But they are gorgeous shots and make me both happy and home-sick, lol.

Yup, that's a waterfall on our campus.  At certain points along the route, there are rapids as well.  It's actually much bigger than the pictures make out.

And just for good measure, something totally unrelated but just as nice - our newest member of the family: Haiti.  Apologies for the poor quality.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2007, 03:21:29 PM »
And just for good measure, something totally unrelated but just as nice - our newest member of the family: Haiti.  Apologies for the poor quality.

Looks like a high quality kitty to me ;)