Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 249629 times)

Pixie

Re: Picture thread
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 12:00:29 PM »
This is our house when we bought it (actually this was taken when we were house-hunting!

This is what the house looks like now.

the windows to the far left are where I am right now, those are my office windows!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:06:41 PM by Pixie »

Pixie

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »
My babies!  Jessica Rene (born 4/1/ 02) and Joseph Ryan (born 4/1/03)  They are real brother and sister, I just got them one year apart.

Joseph and Jessica

Jessica in tree, Joseph by birdbath

Jessica as a baby.... she did NOT want a bath!  (with Jennifer Rose  9/20/98--5/15/04)

Joseph as a baby

Jessica

Don't worry I have tons more pictures!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:22:21 PM by Pixie »

Pixie

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »
I have a silly question..... How do y'all use your yahoo avatars here?   I can't seem to use mine anywhere.... Is it because I have a MAC?

I just sent myself an avatar postcard, got the avatar from that, and uploaded it to my photobucket!    Let's see if this worked.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:04:58 AM by Pixie »

Cyndi

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »
First, a funny pic.

"Who's the real Gojira, Sony? Huh? Who? Yeah, that's what I thought."

And then there's my Concordia gallery, which is an amazing campus with a gorgeous view. Choirs from all over my city get together and have a huge choral festival with a guest director. I linked to the gallery because the photos are too huge to post here and I don't want to freeze any browsers ^^;

Pixie

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
Bumping for the world to see.

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2007, 01:11:54 PM »
Oh, I had completely forgotten about this thread! Thanks for the bump Pixie!

This is the moose that was at my office last week. He stopped by for coffee and some tender willow shoots.  :)

I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

Pixie

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
Ooooooooh what a handsome Moose!   I miss my moosies..... we ain't got none in Texas!
Idaho has some, but they are about half the size of Alaska Moose.

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2007, 01:33:25 PM »
This here is a yearling bull. He is healthy looking which is nice this time of year, especially considering the (relatively) large amount of snow we've got this year!

He is a handsome fella, isn't he?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:15:03 PM by CutebutPsycho »

Madd Hatter

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
Oh WOW! CathyF I love your pictures of the gardens! Flowers and plants make fascinating subjects, don't you think? I enjoy taking photos of them almost more than wildlife!

Madd Hatter, GREAT shot! They seem to be different than the elk in my neighbourhood, maybe a different type of elk? Obviously not from the same neck of the woods! What part of the world are those elk in the farm located?

This is in my yard in the summer. Not alot of wild flowers at the time of year it was taken. I have some great ones with the fireweed blooming though that I can share when I get back home this afternoon.

Sorry not to have gotten back to you, forgot about all the great pics!  Thanks for the bump Pixie!  I'm not sure what kind of elk they are, but we live in west central Minnesota, soooo....lol

Emmy

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2007, 08:25:13 AM »
Fireweed, those are some great pictures.  I've always loved nature and dreamed of living somewhere like you live, even before I had the experience to travel out west.  Of course when I did travel out west and got a chance to see many of the beautiful unpopulated areas, I feel in love.  Unfortunately I was born in NJ (at least I am in the southern part where there is some open space left) and am settled here with my husband so I won't be moving.

Urbanfairy

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »
I must say, what beautiful pics.
I love sharing photos and looking at other peoples pictures.
here are a few of mine from (sunny) England (no where near as breathtaking as some of your pics)
First off, my little man - Binx.

dressed for Halloween...

and christmas.

Urbanfairy

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2007, 08:55:23 AM »
The most expensive beach Huts in the world. They are about 30min drive from me, but I could never afford one (they sell for 250,000)

beautiful Dorset

My fave place, The Minack Theatre in Cornwall.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2007, 11:16:05 AM »
I must say, what beautiful pics.
I love sharing photos and looking at other peoples pictures.
here are a few of mine from (sunny) England (no where near as breathtaking as some of your pics)
First off, my little man - Binx.

dressed for Halloween...

and christmas.

Wow...
Your guy and Sherkan, our girl, could be brother and sister. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

AdakAK

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »
Fireweed, you have made me miss living in Alaska.  All my photos are pre-digital, and I have no scanner right now.  Those are wonderful!

Here is a sunrise and some sandpiper birds that I took when DH and I went to the Bahamas. 

Susan

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 04:13:44 PM »
Fireweed, those are some great pictures.  I've always loved nature and dreamed of living somewhere like you live, even before I had the experience to travel out west.  Of course when I did travel out west and got a chance to see many of the beautiful unpopulated areas, I feel in love.  Unfortunately I was born in NJ (at least I am in the southern part where there is some open space left) and am settled here with my husband so I won't be moving.

Thanks Emmy! I feel very lucky to live where I do. Where else can I wake up and have half a dozen elk outside my bedroom window? I am sure there are other places that have that, but each day it is a trip, realizing I have this in my yard!!!  :) Of course, I also have enough to snow to get me seriously stuck in the driveway a la last Thursday. (grumble)

Fireweed, you have made me miss living in Alaska.  All my photos are pre-digital, and I have no scanner right now.  Those are wonderful!

Here is a sunrise and some sandpiper birds that I took when DH and I went to the Bahamas. 
Susan

AdakAK - great photos! I have spent alot of time in different parts of AK and love it! You know, I will always love being a Canadian but I have to say, Americans have customer service down to an art! At least... they do in Alaska, especially when they know you are a tourist! Anyway... I try to do a road trip at least once a summer around Southern Alaska. This summer I will be doing a fishing trip in Haines again YAY!