Author Topic: Picture thread  (Read 245560 times)

Ulla dances in a silly way

• Super Secret Level 5 Ninja Wizard
  • Only a little off.
Re: Picture thread
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2007, 11:47:29 AM »
Ok, I'll share a few. I usually don't take straight photos, I tend to shop them, but here are a few that escaped that treatment:

This is the Ghost Tree.

Some creepy stairs to my room.

CutebutPsycho

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2007, 11:54:01 AM »
For some reason, I just love that your doggie is named Jimmy.

Tee Hee, I love that too! He's been with me 8 years now and people still give me weird looks when I tell them that is my dog's name. He is named after Jimmy Buffett actually! Too bad he didn't inherit the laid back ways, he is really quite high strung!

Clearbrite... I would also love to see Australia, New Zealand, lots of the US really intrigues me. The place I want to go MOST is eastern Canada. Can't wait to get over there some day!

Thanks farfalla. I have a couple somewhere of Jimmy surveying the cows at the farm too. I haven't been able to find them though which gives me anxiety!  ??? I am sure they will turn up sometime. The tulip photos are AWESOME!!!
I have a photo blog... please feel free to stop by and say hello!
http://phototreks.blogspot.com/

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2007, 12:22:36 PM »
This is my daughter Jane, then not-quite-two, helping us make lefse for Thanksgiving 2001.

Sweet_Thang

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
Here's a few

A picture of my baby.. Dusty.   He had just gotten back from the groomers:

And my FAVORITE picture of my Husband.  We were on a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon on our Honeymoon in November 2005

And my favorite picture from the floor of the Grand Canyon, by the Colorado River.  (Also part of the Helicopter tour)

Reddie321

• Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »
I love everyone's pictures!  These three are from my trip to Boston.

Me and my friend fairly close to faneuil hall.

A neat little passage through (at least I thought so!)

And a frozen area of Harvard!

aline

• formerly farfalla
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
Thanks farfalla. I have a couple somewhere of Jimmy surveying the cows at the farm too. I haven't been able to find them though which gives me anxiety!  ??? I am sure they will turn up sometime. The tulip photos are AWESOME!!!

Thanks! I'm a sucker for pretty flowers. I hope you find the Jimmy & the cows photos. I'd love to see them if you do (and want to post them).  :)

Madd Hatter

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »
I can't wait until it's a little warmer out, my folks live in the country with lots of woods and wildlife around, so I'm looking forward to taking my new digital camera out there and taking lots of pics of critters and flowers.  lol :D  I LOVE everyone's pics.  It's nice to see places I most likely will never get to visit.

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2007, 10:26:09 PM »

Took these on my trip to AZ in February.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 10:28:13 PM by jais »

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:59 PM »
I'll play....

The first is the view from the back yard of my former home at sunrise.

This one is from the same vantage point but after a storm.  Note the double rainbows.

This is also our previous property, the pony and horse the morning after an ice storm.

This one is the beach in Long Beach, NC at sunset.

And this one is also a sunset at the beach...

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2007, 02:14:27 PM »
One of my favorite pictures of my kids:
and another

Wow, their skin looks almost luminous in those pics! Those are the kinds of pics that end up in art galleries... beautiful. Did you use a digital camera or film? Because... wow. You could submit those to Worth1000.

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

T'Mar of Vulcan

• the lost city of Atlantis, the planet Tencton and the moon Pandora!
  • Super Hero!
  • Star Trek will always rule
    • The Flag Waver
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »
I don't have kids of my own but I always try to take pics of "my" kids whenever there's a special occasion.

These two are from last year's school play. The kids are dressed up as "people from the village". One of my colleagues bought the material and let them pick the colour (black and white or brown and white), then they could make themselves outfits in any "tribal" style they liked. The costumes came out fantastic! See the hat that the girl on the right in the second pic is wearing? That's a real traditonal Zulu hat, she just covered it in the material for the play. Dots on the face are not really part of many tribes in S.A., but the play was about a little Zulu boy who time travels to the future, so we weren't exactly concerned with authenticity!

This is my register class for this year... all of them. These were taken during our Art Competition, which is why you can see some in the background holding scissors, glue, etc. It's a collage I made from photos of them posed in groups, pasted together using PhotoSh0p. Two of them are not wearing their uniforms because they weren't there that day, so I spliced in pics from another occasion.

This is me with the boy who has the reputation of being the naughtiest boy in the grade. He's really not. Also, he has the most beautiful handwriting (print) that I've seen in a long time. I want to make a font of it. He thinks I'm joking when I say that. I'm not.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 02:39:22 PM by T'Mar of Vulcan »

The only Vulcan from South Africa! :)

Ticia

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Wow, their skin looks almost luminous in those pics! Those are the kinds of pics that end up in art galleries... beautiful. Did you use a digital camera or film? Because... wow. You could submit those to Worth1000.

That was with a digital camera. One of my friends gave me a big compliment on it. He thought my dad (the professional photographer) had taken it.  ;D
Utah

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »
T'Mar!  I love those pics!  Wow!  ;D

AdakAK

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
I try to do a road trip at least once a summer around Southern Alaska. This summer I will be doing a fishing trip in Haines again YAY!]

While you are in Haines, if you go to The Babbling Book, my former high school science teacher and her husband own it.  They are THE greatest people!  If you need a book, you should try them...   ;)

Susan

SquishyMooMoo

« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 05:36:19 AM »
Here's a couple of THE Squishy (from whence came my name...)