News:

• February 22, 2018, 03:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The boys behaved - write down the date!  (Read 1264 times)

bms2000

The boys behaved - write down the date!
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:50 AM »
We were all invited to a wedding last weekend. DH, myself, DS1 (age 7) and DS2 (age 5.5). A little bit of grousing during the ceremony - DS1 was taken outside and warned that his reception attendance was in peril - but otherwise quiet and sitting still.

At the reception, we were seated at the table with the priest who did the ceremony. Apparently, God heard my prayers (Please God let them eat with utensils for once!!). They sat up. They put napkins on their laps. They did not spill. They did not say "This is DISGUSTING!". They used forks and knives. They talked pleasantly (i.e. not about poop) and did not interrupt.

After dinner, there was some quiet jazz on to start the dancing. My boys got out there in their suits and ties, and danced with the flower girl and another little girl, twirling them around, being perfect little gentlemen. I was extremely proud.

Of course, after a while they peeled off the ties and jackets and started jumping all over the place to "We are Family", but then, all the other guys at the wedding were doing the same.  ;D

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?