Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

I. AM. NOT. THE. SCHOOL. NURSE.

(1/4) > >>

milosparront:
About 2 hrs. ago my husband and I just returned from a former student's wedding.  I had the most embarrassing situation happen to me I've had yet to endure in my lifetime.

VERY simple background......

I am a HEALTH Clerk (Technition....  Aid..... Secretary to the NURSE..... Clerk responsible for Immunization Records....  Etc.)....       

I work in a High School......  MY TITLE is "School Nurse Assistant".

I worked closely with this student and her health issues........   ANYWHO....... 

I was elevated to NURSE as I was introduced to people at the wedding by the Bride's Mother.  I simply nodded and hemmmmmmed and hawwwwed.  I did not correct her mother nor did I correct my situation.....  I don't think it would have mattered at the time anyway.

Should I have corrected this misinterpretation of ME??  Especially when the Bride's Aunt was telling me about her Master's Degree in Nursing and her future education??????  AND asking ME what I plan for the future??     

BELIEVE ME.....  I just had to use the restroom when THAT came up.......

I am almost sick over this......  I NEVER claim to be something I'm NOT NOR do I claim education I do NOT have........  None of this sits right with me.......

Thanks,

Milosparront

AprilRenee:
I probably would have corrected it. Probably because when I was in school for medical assisting it was drilled into me that it's against the law (maybe just state law) to allow myself to be represented as a nurse.

IndianInlaw:
My question is why the aunt felt the need to brag.

milosparront:

--- Quote from: AprilRenee on October 28, 2007, 01:08:51 AM ---I probably would have corrected it. Probably because when I was in school for medical assisting it was drilled into me that it's against the law (maybe just state law) to allow myself to be represented as a nurse.

--- End quote ---

YOU are correct........  I probably should have corrected it at the time......    I simply wanted to be part of the wedding and the festivities....  WHO CARES A HOOT what I do......  AND it isn't just a "state" law.....  IT IS A FEDERAL law......   

I am just ashamed because I DIDN'T SAY.........  Although I am telling you .....  at the TIME this happened it wouldn't have mattered....  Aunt picked up on it and it went from BAD to WORSE........    ???

AprilRenee:
Well, look on the bright side. You probably won't see any of them often (or at all!!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version