Author Topic: Breakfast oatmeal recipes?  (Read 934 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Breakfast oatmeal recipes?
« on: October 30, 2007, 05:52:01 PM »
Any of you have a yummy way of eating oatmeal?  It is getting really cold now and I wanted to wake up to a warm bowl of oatmeal.

I already make it with brown sugar or maple syrup.  I don't like raisins. 

Any recipes?

Elle

Re: Breakfast oatmeal recipes?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »
Mom puts in bananas and apples. She also like walnuts and uses yogurt instead of milk
My favorite recipe involves the phrase. "Finally scrape the whole gloppy mess into the trash and make some toast"
I don't really like oatmeal.

edenparadox

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:56 PM »
You could try some vanilla or orange extract.

Sorry but like Elle I am not an oatmeal fan. I still have nightmares of Gram forcing me to eat bowlfuls of the vile stuff.

Oh! Gram used to put chunks of chocolate in it for me.

Summrs

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 08:17:14 PM »
My favorite oatmeal recipe is a bowl of Cream of Wheat with butter and milk.  Not an oatmeal fan, either :)

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 05:39:46 AM »

One I just learned from my roommate, who calls it his Russian Breakfast.

Egg, instant oatmeal and finely diced onion, fried like an omelette and served with cheese and sliced tomatoes. I used one egg and 1/4 cup oatmeal, and it turned out nicely.

Otherwise, with dried cranberries, cinnamon and walnuts, and topped in large amounts of brown sugar and a sprinkling of cream.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:34:06 AM »
My favorite oatmeal recipe is a bowl of Cream of Wheat with butter and milk.  Not an oatmeal fan, either :)

I ate this growing up with my spanish grandparents.  They served it with condensed milk swirled in.  Yum!!!

I actually ended up making an Amish Baked Oatmeal from a recipe online.  It is basically 1 cup of oatmeal, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of milk, vanilla, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 3 tbsp melted butter and 1 tsp of baking powder.  Mix well, refrigerate overnight and bake for 15 minutes in a 350 oven.

Very yummy! 

magdalena

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »
I cook my oatmeal using fruit juice as liquid (black currant it my favorite, DH likes apple)