The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

Give me your car keys NOW

(1/3) > >>

DottyG:
We've had a huge ice storm the past few days where I live.  It's been gorgeous.  We even got a little snow two days ago.  Because of the roads' icing over, we all had to stay inside - no work.  YEA!!!

Last night, my across-the-hall neighbor knocked on my door and demanded my car keys.  I was a little taken aback by the demand!  But, then she went on to say that she was headed out to the parking lot to de-ice my car, so I would be able to get to work today without any problems.

I gave her my keys.  And, sure enough, a few minutes later, she was out in the ice, all bundled up, getting the ice off my car.

When she came back, I gave her a slice of birthday cake that my Mom had made for me this past weekend.  And, I thanked her profusely.

She said that my knees are bad enough that she knew it'd be hard for me to get the ice off this morning.  And, if I had any problems starting my car, her husband said to call him.

Then, she left.  It was the most amazing, and wonderful, thing! :)

I, actually, have a nice neighbor here!

SunkissableOne:
That is such a kind and thoughtful thing to do!  I feel like sometimes people forget about things like helping their neighbors out or holding doors.  All too often people are in it just for themselves.  It's nice to see there are still people out there like your neighbor.

NYGirl100:
That's so nice of your neighbor!  You are very lucky. 

Pixie:
Awww, that was so sweet!   I hope you had a wonderful birthday.  Nice neighbors are such a blessing.

Lisbeth:
That was nice of your neighbor.  Happy birthday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version