Author Topic: Leftover shredded pork  (Read 819 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Leftover shredded pork
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
I made a pork roast last night, and we have about half of it left.  In order for it to fit into the tupperware container, I shredded it.  What, besides sandwiches, can you make with shredded pork?

beckygoesape

Re: Leftover shredded pork
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »
Heat it in a pan with a can of chilis, onion, cumin, maybe a splash of tequila.  Serve that with warm tortillas, cheese and beans.

It's a good addition to a homemade pot of beans or bean soup.

Shepherds pie.

Becky

SkylerY

• I love my rat terrier!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:11:56 AM »
This addresses the requests for recipes for leftover pork as well as leftover chicken (previous thread)

Lo Mein

Ingredients

2 medium onions
3 medium green peppers
1 cup cooked diced chicken or pork
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup butter (optional)
garlic to taste
pinch of ginger (optional)
sesame seeds (optional)
1 lb. package of linguine or thin spaghetti

Optional: Celery, Diced BokChoy, Pea Pods, or Water Chestnuts. Just sauté them with the onions and green peppers.

Directions

Cook and drain spaghetti and set aside in a large pot. Sauté onion and peppers in olive oil until soft and onions are translucent. Cut cooked chicken or pork into small bite size pieces.

Mix onions and peppers (do NOT drain oil), meat and spaghetti together. Add soy sauce and garlic, ginger (if using), sesame seeds (if using). Mix it all together well. Taste test …. you may want to add additional soy sauce, butter or oil to keep the mixture moist. I usually start out with the ¼ cup soy sauce then add more if the flavor is too weak. You can tell from the consistency whether you need to add oil or butter for moisture.

~ Cristen

edenparadox

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 11:20:59 AM »
Maybe a shepherd's pie type deal. Cook some veggies, mix with pork, top with mashed taters and bake.