Author Topic: Fun Pranks, Dupes, or April Fools Jokes  (Read 734 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Fun Pranks, Dupes, or April Fools Jokes
« on: November 14, 2014, 11:18:15 PM »
I do not mind being the brunt of  joke or a practical joke. I'll also admit to being gullible at times, but also recognizing others who may be gullible. Here's a few of my favorites and I hope others will share.

1)Was at a Superbowl watching party where a guest insisted we needed to take turns on bathroom breaks to assist with low water pressure in our city during halftime. It seems she had been taken in by a radio station gag. Our city's team was not in the Superbowl.

2)I dramatically told a joke about being at a gas station filling up my car and my arm catching on fire due to a nearby smoker and the police arresting me for having a "firearm". Half the people started laughing at the "firearm" and the other half became concerned and indignant about the police not immediately helping me with my "arm on fire". We decided I told the joke to realistically.

3)I live in Houston with wonderfully mild winters. But we do have occasional oddities in weather. DD was about 18 months and I'd just dropped her off at day care and listening to the radio started hearing that we were going to have a cold front roll in mid day. I called DH, explained what I had heard, and asked him to take a coat and long pants to the day care for DD.
DH asked "What's today?"
I responded" Friday, why?"
DH: "no, what's the date".
Me: " I don't know and it doesn't matter, just get a coat to DD."
DH: "Hmmmmm, I't April 1"
Me: "Great. It's April 1, are you taking the coat or not? Do I need to turn around."
DH: "What's April 1?"
Me: "What do you mean? I don't care...Oh, April's Fools, Crap... did I just get taken that bad?"

Please share your's.

otterwoman

Re: Fun Pranks, Dupes, or April Fools Jokes
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »
I've done ye olde "Honey, I'm pregnant." He freaked out. I had to remind him that I'd had my tubes tied. He still gets mad about that one.

Oh! I was chopping onions, so my eyes were tearing up like crazy. Tears streaming down my face. DH walked in and asked me what was wrong.
I said, "You don't love me anymore! You're going to leave me! I know it!"
He got a deer in the headlights look and exclaimed, "No! Where did that come from?!"
Me, "Ha! I'm good. I'm just chopping onions babe!"
DH "Don't do that to me!"

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
There were only 4 of us cooks in the school lunchroom kitchen. One day (April 1, 1994) we were bored
and realizing what day it was (DAH Dah dah), we decided to play a prank on the rest of the school staff.

We took a 5# block of cheese out of the box it came in. We put the box on a small tray, made up come buttercream frosting, and frosted the box. We put a 10" long knife on the tray with some plastic forks&small plates, carried it to the Staff Workroom, and put the tray on the table. We left the room. We giggled about it the rest of the day.

Before we left for the day, we took the tray back to the kitchen, and put everything where it belonged.

JoW

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 12:59:57 PM »
The chairs in conference rooms are often adjustable height. If you arrive to the meeting early you can adjust one of those chairs as low as it will go and put it at the head of the table. A few minutes later the head honcho walks in, sits at the head of the table, and the table is at about mid-chest level on him. 

At my previous employer that gag was played so many times every conference room had one chair adjusted low like that. 

MizB

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
My senior year of high school I was sick on April Fools day. A friend of mine messaged me to see if I was feeling better and told me about her day. She said her long time crush asked her out and they were now going steady. I freaked out thinking he had played a nasty April fools day joke on her because I had had something like that happen to me once.

She kept insisting no it was real the day just happened to be coincidence but I wouldn't let it go. Eventually she confessed that he hadn't asked her out at all but that was her prank to me to tell me he asked her out. It was pretty funny once I stopp worrying about her potential broken heart.
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’  attributed to Edmund Burke 1729-1797

Frog24

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 05:50:55 PM »
One company I worked for, the IT department set our home page to redirect to our competitor's... but only for internal staff.  Then, the entire IT department went to their scheduled staff meeting.  When we (Customer Support) logged onto our phones and tried hitting our web page, we brought up the competitor's page.  Cue everyone in management, including the CEO trying to figure out what was going on.  After all, what if our customers were seeing the competitor's page, too?

IT blithely sat in their staff meeting.  It took over 45 minutes for the gag to be discovered.

wx4caster

• Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    • wx4caster's Crafty Albums
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »
Twice a year, we have an all-staff meeting day. Operations are diverted to another office for the duration of the meeting. On one of these occasions, I walked through the operations area at the end of the day and found all the chairs arranged in a circle in the middle of the office and in the centre of the circle, there was a pyramid built of garbage cans. It was absolutely surreal.
The days are long but the years are short.