Author Topic: Silly Reasons You Dumped Someone  (Read 22003 times)

Tini

Re: Silly Reasons You Dumped Someone
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2014, 03:52:27 AM »
I remember some reasons why various guys didn't think it would work out with me - these weren't the main dealbreakers (as far as I know) but were explicitly mentioned...

College Boyfriend never wanted to take me to his family's home for dinner because I would potentially offend his mother by maybe not eating everything that she made.  I'm a picky eater, but come on, I wouldn't be that obtuse.*

* Though a few years later I lived with a friend, and he invited his girlfriend over while his mom was in town and the girlfriend did in fact refuse to eat the meal his mother prepared for all of us (which was delicious).  It was bizarre, definitely offensive, and spelled doom for that relationship.  So it does happen!

Grad school boyfriend was extremely disappointed to learn that I don't eat cheese, because it meant I would not be able to partake in his family's holiday tradition of a wine and cheese plate before any big holiday meal.  His reaction was memorably out of proportion to the situation.  It's not like I would have stopped him from participating or ruined it for everyone, it was specifically that I myself wouldn't be enjoying the cheese part of the appetizer while they all did (and for the record, I love wine so it's not like I would have been sitting it out).  Anyway he learned that in August; we didn't make it to any holiday.

So let me guess - he said 'What, not even Wensleydale?' and then exchanged sad looks with his oddly expressive dog?

turtleIScream

Re: Silly Reasons You Dumped Someone
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2014, 07:00:35 AM »
Way serious thread jack - I love Wallace & Grommit! And my dog's name is Wensleydale. So your comment made me smile.

So let me guess - he said 'What, not even Wensleydale?' and then exchanged sad looks with his oddly expressive dog?
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh