News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 27, 2016, 03:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 171895 times)

doodlemor

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1875 on: May 23, 2016, 11:38:12 PM »
This might seem silly to someone who doesn't have pets - to me it is a blessing.

Two weeks ago or so we had to put down our beloved 19 year old tabby/white cat.  We knew that she had had an exceptionally long life, but it was still incredibly hard to part with her.  I miss her dear little face so much.

We have several other adult cats, but they were all feral for a time and very independent.  They are sociable, but not loving lap cats like our beloved tabby/white.

On Friday my daughter called to say that her SIL had found a litter of four kittens on the berm/verge of the highway, obviously a dump job.  I went to see them, and there was my dear tabby/white cat in miniature.
Of course I brought her home, and she has been regularly purring on our laps. 

Poor baby - I took her to the vet for a checkup today, and he said that she isn't even six weeks old yet.

I know that she isn't my sweet old girl, but having her look almost the same is so very comforting.  It's nice to have a bit of a baby to care for, too.

Aww! Cat Central knew you had a space available and found you a little one that needed love. :-*

It does seem like it was meant, doesn't it.  We were away for several days last week, and Friday was the first day that we could have gotten another cat.  Or maybe I should say, a teeny little critter who appears to have feline DNA, and purrs.

The person who found the roadside litter posted the thing on facebook, and all of the babies have homes now. 

I think that the advertisers who came up with the "multi-cat household," and "another roommate" themes have done a real service for the homeless cats.  They've made the concept of having a pride of housecats out to be fun and trendy, and I bet that a lot of people have adopted an extra cat or two after being subtly indoctrinated by the fun commercials.

doodlemor

« Reply #1876 on: May 23, 2016, 11:39:06 PM »
Cat central always provides when needed!

Yup, and she's calling me right now.

magicdomino

« Reply #1877 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:20 AM »

You do realize that photos of this particular "silly" thing would make the rest of us very happy as well.   ;)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1878 on: May 24, 2016, 01:13:48 PM »
DS' Eagle project and paperwork are all done. Just need to schedule the board of review!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Frog24

« Reply #1879 on: May 24, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
When my older daughter came home from her grandparents' house yesterday and said: "Happy Anniversity, mommy!"

Something about small children mispronouncing words is so heart warming. (I was quite sad when the 3 year old stopped pronouncing "caterpillar" as "cata-pata-piller")

doodlemor

« Reply #1880 on: May 24, 2016, 10:42:13 PM »

You do realize that photos of this particular "silly" thing would make the rest of us very happy as well.   ;)

I've never done that before, but I will try to figure it out.  She really is a cutie. 

For some reason, she and our golden doodle of about 100 lbs or so seem to really like each other.  I've been watching very carefully of course. He is following her around, and she is chasing him and doing mock attacks.  I forgot to ask the vet, but her weight must be in the 1 lb range.

EllenS

• I write whimsical vintage mysteries.
    • My Author Page:
« Reply #1881 on: May 24, 2016, 11:03:44 PM »
We were so bored on the car ride home Sunday, my DD9 started asking me about codes and coded messages (she's that age where spies and secrets, etc. are the coolest).

So I taught her the Playfair cipher as featured in Sayers' "Have His Carcase." She took to it like a duck to water, and worked up a code message for her BFF. (BFF has not been able to decrypt it yet.)

Now I'm debating whether she's old enough to read the book....

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1882 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
I apparently make aesthetically pleasing sunny-side-up eggs. And this was my first time making them. ;D
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1883 on: May 25, 2016, 09:14:06 PM »
I'm the oldest of three sisters and I am the only one who doesn't have gray hair!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

gmatoy

« Reply #1884 on: Yesterday at 12:56:08 PM »
DS' Eagle project and paperwork are all done. Just need to schedule the board of review!

Congratulations! I hope the Board of Review works out the way it should. (Can you tell that I live in an area where I rarely hear anything good about the Scout bigwigs?)

gmatoy

« Reply #1885 on: Yesterday at 12:58:48 PM »
Yesterday my surgeon wrote the script for Physical Therapy! Yet another step in the recovery! I'm happy to be seen as well enough to go to PT.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1886 on: Yesterday at 08:00:57 PM »
The past several weeks have been complete and utter poopadities. If it could go wrong, it went wrong and then more wrong. One thing after another after another.

This week has been a total turnaround! Here's hoping that it stays that way.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1887 on: Today at 02:34:50 AM »

Mmmmm.... warm tootsies! 8) (And a good thing, too; we're supposed to get the first sub-freezing overnight temperatures of the year tomorrow night, and it's only going down from there!)
"Set aphasia to stun!"