Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

House Keepers and BAD comments

(1/7) > >>

milosparront:
YEARS ago..... 

My MIL and I were on my patio having Mimosas one EARYLY August Morning in the Desert in which we live.......     Champainge and Orange juice.....  We WERE drinking EARLIER than the norm  (MY birthday to be exact!!)...... I would say about 10:00 amish....  ANYWHO ......  I certainly DO NOT want to make us out as "drunks"..... WE were simply having a "bite of the dog that bit us"........  MIL wanted one and I wanted one.....  WE HAD THE WHOLE HOOVER DAM pitcher of them.....  We laughed and giggled out way through out the morning and had a GLORIUS TIME together......  I will love her until the day I die and am GLAD we had that morning together.........    She has sinced passed and I loved her with all my heart......

House keeper decided to laugh along with US.......  SHE didn't speak English......  AND made fun of me about HOW DRUNK I was.....  "Tu hija es una Boracha.......Y' No buena Nina Y Chica contiga" .......I was  HORRIFIED.......   MY spanish is HORRIBLE......  BUT I got it perfectly CLEAR.....

She was in fact a friend of MIL.......  AND with a grin on my face....  FIRED her on the spot......  WITH MIL's blessing   >:D...... 

House keepers are HARD to find.......   I have another one MIL found for me who is respcetful and LOVES our animals....  AND was respectful to MIL........  I have had her since MIL's death.......

Just MY story......  I still have the "girls" happily employed for the last 10 years......

I will ALWAYS miss that morning on my patio.........  I will always MISS my MIL........

The girls MIGHT NOT always do a good job........  BUT they DO respect me and my wishes!!!!!

Thanks for letting me share.....

Milosparront

MineralDiva:
Ahhhh yes.  I had a housekeeper, when my daughter was little...briefly.  She was a friend of a friend, who also used and referred her.  I'd known her since I was first married, and she knew me through my pregnancy.

Well, one day, DD and I were having a bit of a "disagreement" about what she wanted to eat for lunch.  Housekeeper was there at the time, and felt the need to chime in with her opinion of my parenting skills.  In FRONT of my DD, who was maybe 3 at the time.  (Not that it would have been any better if she'd done it privately.

I was mortified.  And I told her that she was being paid to scrub the floors...NOT give her unsolicited opinions about what goes on in my house, while she was there.  And then I also told her collect her things and not to let the front door hit her, where the good Lord split her!

She was never asked back.  And I told my friend what happened.  She was mortified as well, and agreed with my decision...as did my now former hoseband.

I don't need someone else to scrub my floors and dust my furniture THAT badly.  (Well, I didn't...NOW, I sure wish I had -and could afford- a "Hazel!")

Chocolate Cake:
I think many of our spanish speaking friends have mistakenly gotten comfortable with holding conversations and making disparaging comments based on the fact that (historically, anyway) most non-Mexican Americans don't speak the language.  That's changing, and rapidly.   I can see a whole lot of spanish-speakers being unpleasantly surprised to learn that their bosses now speak their language and don't at all appreciate the insults.

MDefarge:

--- Quote from: Chocolate Cake on November 05, 2007, 10:05:37 AM ---I think many of our spanish speaking friends have mistakenly gotten comfortable with holding conversations and making disparaging comments based on the fact that (historically, anyway) most non-Mexican Americans don't speak the language.  That's changing, and rapidly.   I can see a whole lot of spanish-speakers being unpleasantly surprised to learn that their bosses now speak their language and don't at all appreciate the insults.

--- End quote ---

Which just goes to show what happens when you "assume" things. And it's no excuse to be insulting someone because they "don't' understand" what you are saying.

AshleyAnne:

--- Quote from: Chocolate Cake on November 05, 2007, 10:05:37 AM ---I think many of our spanish speaking friends have mistakenly gotten comfortable with holding conversations and making disparaging comments based on the fact that (historically, anyway) most non-Mexican Americans don't speak the language.  That's changing, and rapidly.   I can see a whole lot of spanish-speakers being unpleasantly surprised to learn that their bosses now speak their language and don't at all appreciate the insults.

--- End quote ---

This is very true it happens to DF a lot he is Costa Rican but don't "look it" and speaks English better then most people and you would be amazed at the awful things people say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version