Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

had to use it with friends

(1/1)

kymom3:
I went to Nashville this past weekend with 6 other women.  We had a great time, Nashville is a wonderful city and overall everyone we met was very friendly and polite.  We did some shopping at the Huge Mall and several of us commented on how nicely dressed people at the mall were--not dressed up, but just appropriate, no huge amounts of skin showing, no jeans around the knees, etc.

Anyway, 3 of the women that went are sisters.  There was some sniping and bickering between them while we were at the mall, but we could get away from it there.  However, on the ride home, which is about 3 1/2 hours, they really started into it, they weren't yelling or screaming at each other, but it was a constant bicker bicker bicker.  So I spoke up from the back seat and asked very loudly if anyone had a good recipe for bean dip.  That comment was able to break the tension and create some laughter so the other 3 of us could ride in peace without throwing the sisters out the windows!

DCGirl:
When I was going to grad school in Nashville, the first time I ever went to the mall I was dismayed at under-dressed I was.  People really do dress nicely to go shopping there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version