Author Topic: Yeah, MIL, that photocopy totally looks like the original drawing...  (Read 1540 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
The lying isn't weird, exactly. It's someone trying to find a polite way of defusing being caught in an embarrassing situation, and not doing very well at it.

She knows it's a copy. She was hoping you wouldn't realize it, or be reassured that it wasn't if you suspected. Unrealistic, even a little funny, if you think about it.
yeah, that's kind of what i was thinking. I don't think you could have done anything differently "in the moment". I do believe that while a gift, once given, is the recipient's to do what they like with it, a hand crafted gift that seemed to be something that the recipeint really wanted/liked is on a slightly different level.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tini

The lying isn't weird, exactly. It's someone trying to find a polite way of defusing being caught in an embarrassing situation, and not doing very well at it.

She knows it's a copy. She was hoping you wouldn't realize it, or be reassured that it wasn't if you suspected. Unrealistic, even a little funny, if you think about it.
yeah, that's kind of what i was thinking. I don't think you could have done anything differently "in the moment". I do believe that while a gift, once given, is the recipient's to do what they like with it, a hand crafted gift that seemed to be something that the recipeint really wanted/liked is on a slightly different level.

Thanks. I usually prefer to see the funny side of things, so it was kinda bothering me that it was bothering me, if you know what I mean.