Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Aaaand...the baking has started.

(1/4) > >>

Brentwood:
I put two loaves of pumpkin bread into the oven a little while ago. I'll let the natives eat one loaf, and I'll freeze the other loaf for Thanksgiving. I've been cleaning out the freezer lately (using up frozen leftovers and such) so I can make room for the baking bounty.

Next order of business for the freezer: cookies!

Mr. F and I plan to make some lefse this weekend too.

Anybody else filling the freezer already?

RainhaDoTexugo:

--- Quote from: CathyF on November 09, 2007, 12:28:48 PM ---I put two loaves of pumpkin bread into the oven a little while ago. I'll let the natives eat one loaf, and I'll freeze the other loaf for Thanksgiving. I've been cleaning out the freezer lately (using up frozen leftovers and such) so I can make room for the baking bounty.

--- End quote ---

Nope, but I'd be glad to help empty yours in a couple weeks ;)

Pumpkin bread sounds fantastic!  Is it sweet?

42_42_42:
I have the whole week of Thanksgiving off (I'm a substitute teacher and the schools are on holiday that whole week), so I'll be starting my baking that week.

Brentwood:

--- Quote from: RainhaDoTexugo on November 09, 2007, 04:18:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: CathyF on November 09, 2007, 12:28:48 PM ---I put two loaves of pumpkin bread into the oven a little while ago. I'll let the natives eat one loaf, and I'll freeze the other loaf for Thanksgiving. I've been cleaning out the freezer lately (using up frozen leftovers and such) so I can make room for the baking bounty.

--- End quote ---

Nope, but I'd be glad to help empty yours in a couple weeks ;)

Pumpkin bread sounds fantastic!  Is it sweet?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's a sweet quick bread, along the lines of banana bread.

RainhaDoTexugo:
Thanks, I figured it would be.  It sounds tasty, I might have to do some baking of my own soon.

I'm amazed by all the domestic goddesses on E-Hell.  I don't think I've ever filled my freezer with baked goods or any other prepare ahead goods for a holiday!  If I can't do it the night before, I generally just don't do it, but I admire anyone with the patience and stamina to start baking 2 weeks in advance :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version