I got this recipe from recipezaar before we went camping, and made them up the night before. I also skipped the chocolate chips, because we brought chocolate in many other forms
They kept well in a non-refridgerated Tupperware container in the car boot for 3 days before we ate them all!
Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins (makes 12)
3 medium very ripe bananas
1/3 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons chocolate chips
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
3. In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
4. Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
5. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
7. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
8. Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
9. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10. Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
Nutritional Info (per serving)
Total Fat 1.3g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Polyunsat. Fat 0.2g
Monounsat. Fat 0.4g
Trans fat 0.0g