News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 29, 2016, 05:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your holiday hill to die on.  (Read 565782 times)

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
Re: Your holiday hill to die on.
« Reply #2175 on: September 05, 2016, 12:47:04 AM »
I just found out that I have breast cancer. I fully expect DD and DSonIL to offer not to go to his family for Christmas. No. No, because:
1. It is his mother's turn. (And I love her like a sister and do not want to disappoint her. We call each "Sister Mothers.")
2. I want my turn, next year, when I am well enough to celebrate.
3. Please believe me when I say it is not my last anything.

I will be delighted if they do not offer.

We need a little heart emoticon.

❤️. 💕. 😍

Also <3
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Chez Miriam

« Reply #2176 on: September 05, 2016, 03:21:21 AM »
I just found out that I have breast cancer. I fully expect DD and DSonIL to offer not to go to his family for Christmas. No. No, because:
1. It is his mother's turn. (And I love her like a sister and do not want to disappoint her. We call each "Sister Mothers.")

❤️. 💕. 😍

Also <3

All good thoughts to Gmatoy, and {{hugs}}, ❤️ / <3, and best wishes for Christmas 2017!
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Asharah

« Reply #2177 on: September 05, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »

❤️. 💕. 😍

Also <3

All good thoughts to Gmatoy, and {{hugs}}, ❤️ / <3, and best wishes for Christmas 2017!
Asharah

Peppergirl

« Reply #2178 on: September 05, 2016, 10:24:07 AM »
Gmatoy, we are all pulling for you and also know you're going to do just fine.  :-* :-*

zainabzks

« Reply #2179 on: September 05, 2016, 11:25:50 AM »
I'm praying for you Gmatoy! ❤️

gmatoy

« Reply #2180 on: September 06, 2016, 02:22:32 AM »
Thank you everyone. I will update in the I need a hug section when I know something.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:28:44 AM by gmatoy »

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #2181 on: September 06, 2016, 12:48:04 PM »
Pulling for you, gmatoy! Hope you're 100% again soon!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

bopper

« Reply #2182 on: September 08, 2016, 03:59:52 PM »

But some years you just hvae to do two in a row because of circumstances.

gmatoy

« Reply #2183 on: September 08, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »
Ah, but not this time!

Luci

« Reply #2184 on: September 08, 2016, 06:26:39 PM »

[/quote]

But some years you just hvae to do two in a row because of circumstances.
Ah, but not this time!
Maybe............she doesn't know how she'll be feeling and even though people can come and bring in food and take care of everything, there is still a lot of pressure we feel to provide a holiday experience. And it's not her last anything, as she says!

Gmatoy, the kids are worried, too. Do you see them enough so they can see with their eyes how you are doing without the pressure of the holidays?

Sew away and stay a tiger.

gmatoy

« Reply #2185 on: September 10, 2016, 02:17:43 AM »
Our son lives a 4 minute drive away; his daughter came over today and spent several hours. Our daughter lives 30 miles away (what used to be a 35 minute drive away is now more than an hour). I think that part of the not wanting to change things is on the years when DD and DSIL go to Chicago, we just do two Christmases. One on the day with DS and his family and then DS and his family come back for another one when DD and DSIL can come. So, not such a big deal to me.

One bright note, a good friend, her DH and her daughter came over tonight and they made me laugh so hard. It hurt because of the port, but was worth it!

Three aprons cut out and ready to be sewn. Fabric and patterns located to do lounging pants for DD and DGD. Will get them cut out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 03:49:10 AM by gmatoy »