Author Topic: Your holiday hill to die on.  (Read 292198 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: Your holiday hill to die on.
« Reply #1530 on: Today at 07:38:32 AM »
Someone needs to dethrone the Queen Bee.  Her behavior in inexcusable.

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1531 on: Today at 10:55:11 AM »
Someone needs to dethrone the Queen Bee.  Her behavior in inexcusable.
It sounds like her throne is already starting to wobble a bit.  ;)

Good for you and the rest of your uncrowned kin KenveeB. It's been said many times on this board that the reason Queen Bees get away with the stuff they do is that no one calls them out - looks like that's changing in your family.

Hope y'all have a great Christmas!
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1532 on: Today at 11:50:15 AM »
Way to rock the boat! We so often find that once someone disagrees, many members of the group disagree as well.

heartmug

« Reply #1533 on: Today at 02:19:35 PM »
Good for you!  I too have a "queen bee" relative that wants to set the time, place, rules, etc.  No more.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

Miss March

« Reply #1534 on: Today at 02:50:38 PM »
I wish we could make some changes with how my family does Christmas. With us, it was decided over a decade ago that we would only buy gifts for the children. And this was fine when they were small, but now they are all  entering their early teenage years. I would have thought that, at this age, the parents would be starting to teach their kids about giving out gifts in return. And I don't mean gifts that cost money. I'm talking about if they all just made things to hand out, like Popsicle stick picture frames, or drawings, or make an ornament out of a pine cone and some glitter. I just think they are old enough now that they ought to be introduced to the idea that we give and receive presents for the holiday. I think it's a bad model for them to a see a room full of adults get together, year after year, and hand them gifts and never be given anything in return. It teaches them that this is the standard- that the holidays are about gifts and fun, and that they never need to think of anyone outside themselves. I'm trying to think of the best way to express this feeling to these parents (who are my own siblings).
How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard.-- Winnie the Poo