Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

When just saying "NO" does not work. Guy tries to cancel AOL account...

(1/8) > >>

Bibliophile:
Did you guys see this thing?  Holy moly!  Talk about issues with customer service.  This is amazing!  Took 4 minutes to get through automated system, 11 minutes on hold, 5 minutes with the guy who wouldn't let him cancel his service (even asked to speak with his dad and the guy is 30) and a 1 minute goodbye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY

waterwren:
For AOL "John" was polite.

And the guy's problems are just beginning with trying to remove AOL from his computer.

But honestly this was pretty mild compared to what I have seen from retention agents.

Sophia:
I think the generally accepted method to cancel AOL, is to close the account that AOL deducts the money from. 

Lizettarose:

--- Quote from: Sophia on November 14, 2007, 01:04:38 AM ---I think the generally accepted method to cancel AOL, is to close the account that AOL deducts the money from. 

--- End quote ---
My DF had to do that because not only would AOL not stop (we did not have a computer at the time!) but the bank would not stop the withdrawals.
Locally we had a woman who was recently blinded. She kept trying to cancel her account and they kept charging her and putting her in the red. The news got involved and AOL was shamed into closing the account and giving her the back pay.

skbenny:
I do not now, nor have I ever worked for AOL - thought I would mention that right off the bat.

We have had nothing but wonderful service from them for about 10 years, and haven't paid the last 3 or so since they came out with their new program.

Although, to get their software completely deleted, it is easier to reformat your machine and reload all your programs than try to take AOL off.

I really like them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version