Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Carrots.....HELP!

(1/4) > >>

rockingrandma:
Here's the deal.  DD is on WIC and since she is breastfeeding she gets carrots.  Well we now have 3 pounds of carrots sitting in the fridge untouched that are going to go bad soon if I don't do something with them.  If anybody has any ideas (other than carrot cake, nobody here likes that) I'll be very appreciative!

melodrama:
Carrots are great when they're boiled or steamed.  Cut them into thirds or quarters, lengthwise, and add them to a pot with enough water to just cover them.  Turn off the heat when they're still a little firm (but not rock hard) and drain the water.  Add a little butter and brown sugar or honey to glaze them (maybe a tablespoon of sugar, not too much) and they're very tasty.  You can also cook them in the juice of any roast you make--maybe with some potatoes, cabbage or celery?--and that will add flavor to them as well.

Bethalize:

--- Quote from: rockingrandma on January 23, 2007, 04:34:58 PM ---Here's the deal.  DD is on WIC and since she is breastfeeding she gets carrots.  Well we now have 3 pounds of carrots sitting in the fridge untouched that are going to go bad soon if I don't do something with them.  If anybody has any ideas (other than carrot cake, nobody here likes that) I'll be very appreciative!

--- End quote ---

Carrot juice! Mix with apple. Uses them up really quickly.

Carrot sticks with dips.

Carrot and coriander soup.

Carrots cooked how you like them with toasted sesame seeds.

Irish Clovers:
They make great doggie snacks if you have a dog.   :)

I don't much care for cooked carrots but when I entertain, sometimes I par-boil them and then sautee them in butter and brown sugar.  Top with fresh chopped parsley.

willow2483:
Cut them up into little nickels and steam them with a little water (covered).  It will take about five minutes in the microwave.  Then you can flavor them with whatever you like (I like just a little salt!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version