Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

The Cookie Monster just came through my office...

(1/3) > >>

LB:
At least that's what she called herself.  :-\  Except she was trying to give cookies away instead.

I walked out of my office and some woman (who I don't know - even more reason not to take a cookie from her) walks up to me and places a box of cookies directly beneath my nose. Pure torture.
She asked, "Cookie? Cookie from the Cookie Monster?"
I said "No, thank you." and started to walk away.
Behind me I hear this absolutely stunned voice, "Really?"  ???

TroubleInTO:
"Oh, well when you put it that way, a violent allergic reation to gluten sounds totally worth it!"

geordicat:

--- Quote from: Kalila on November 20, 2007, 05:11:23 PM ---At least that's what she called herself.  :-\  Except she was trying to give cookies away instead.

I walked out of my office and some woman (who I don't know - even more reason not to take a cookie from her) walks up to me and places a box of cookies directly beneath my nose. Pure torture.

--- End quote ---

Huh?  That's weird.  I'd never accept things from people I don't know.  Not because of the stranger danger thing.. but... it's just too weird.

Was she selling them or giving them away?

eh.. no thank you. 

LB:

--- Quote from: geordicat on November 20, 2007, 05:59:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kalila on November 20, 2007, 05:11:23 PM ---At least that's what she called herself.  :-\  Except she was trying to give cookies away instead.

--- End quote ---

Huh?  That's weird.  I'd never accept things from people I don't know.  Not because of the stranger danger thing.. but... it's just too weird.

Was she selling them or giving them away?

eh.. no thank you. 

--- End quote ---

She was giving them away. I believe she was a drug rep. They frequently bring us treats, but they usually bring something from a store or that is wrapped. Still, I didn't recognize her, so I wasn't taking any chances. Plus I'm on a diet and had a hard enough time passing up the doughnuts that someone brought in this morning!  :)

Laura:
I love baking for people. Several times a year, I'll bring home-baked treats into work (cookies are my specialty), and instead of leaving them in the break room, I personally deliver them to offices. I love how something so simple can make people smile. Usually I only walk to the offices of my group, but sometimes I run into people I don't know and offer a treat to them as well. I'm never pushy, and I don't call myself the Cookie Monster. My only intention is to try to brighten someone's day.

I'm sure the Cookie Monster had only good intentions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version