Etiquette School is in session! > "Have you tried the bean dip?"

Do you know if our final is open book?

(1/2) > >>

Mopsy428:
I'm not sure this was rude, but it was a little awkward. As usual, the names have been changed.

I was working at the library desk yesterday, and this guy, John, who is a grade ahead of me started talking to me. We were discussing restaurants in the city, and quite randomly, he asks me, "Whatever happened to Chris?" I said, "Oh, Chris Smith? He transferred to a different university." Then John says, "Oh, he did? I saw him out last semester and then I never saw him again. He was a d*****bag."

Whoops! I guess it was a good idea that he asked about Chris because when we were talking about local good restaurants, I almost said, "Oh, Restaurant X is GREAT! Chris took me there on a date last semester." (I still like Chris and vice versa, but he's over 20 hours away, and I didn't want to do the long distance thing, so the relationship ended.) So I just said, "Mmmm....by the way, do you know if our criminal procedure final is open book?"

Shortcake:
Awkward! Yikes! He really put his foot in his mouth!

I don't know, I might have said, "I like Chris just fine, I don't have any problems with him."

goblue2539:
This is an off-the-wall thought, and it certainly doesn't excuse the comment, but I wonder if this John guy is interested in you.  Maybe he was trying to see how attached you are to Chris before asking you out himself.

Which, if that's the case, makes it a great thing he showed his tail before it got that far. ;)

Mopsy428:

--- Quote from: goblue2539 on November 21, 2007, 10:25:09 AM ---This is an off-the-wall thought, and it certainly doesn't excuse the comment, but I wonder if this John guy is interested in you.  Maybe he was trying to see how attached you are to Chris before asking you out himself.

Which, if that's the case, makes it a great thing he showed his tail before it got that far. ;)

--- End quote ---
LOL! John is a big Teddy bear, and he's got these blue, blue eyes and blonde hair. But he's 35 years old and married with two little girls.

goblue2539:
Nevermind then.  Oops.... ;) 

But, you might be able to get him to shut up next time if you mention that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version