The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

The most beautifully behaved child ever

(1/4) > >>

Groundsgirl:
I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this post. Please move it if there is somewhere more appropriate.

I was out at lunch with a friend this afternoon when I encountered her. The mythical polite-to-the-teeth child!! I have often heard that such children existed. However, in my experiences around my town those children must not be in public much.

I went to the ladies soon after we were sat down. A little girl of about 7 or 8 came in after me and nodded hello. As I was washing my hands, we had a bit of a conversation.

PC (polite child): Good afternoon, Ma'am. How are you today?
Me: I'm just fine. And yourself?
PC: I'm doing great. This is my favourite place to eat.
Me: I like this restaurant too.

She then holds the door open for me as I leave. Then she says, "I hope you enjoy your lunch. Have a nice day."

Interesting overall. She was rather chatty to a stranger but oh so lovely and polite. She was seated near us with her grandfather.  made a point to comment to him about what lovely manners this little girl had. He beamed. The child was an absolute delight to hear talking with the waitstaff about her order and conversing with her grandfather (Yes, I freely admit that I am a horrible horrible eavesdropper in restaurants. Occupational hazard.)

Gave me a smile for the day.

Cellardoor14:

That is just beautiful!

I recently this exchange with a two 1/2 at the nursery where I teach:

Child: "'Cuse what's your name?"

Me: I'm Cellardoor, what's your name?"

Child: "Joseph."

Me: "And how are you today, Joseph?"

Child: "Fine, how are you, Miss Cellardoor?"

Me: "Very well, thank you. I'm glad we've introduced ourselves."

Child: "Me too.  Bye-bye Miss Cellardoor." (Runs off for snack.)

That brighten my day  :)

scotcat:
Young girl in supermarket

"Would you like to go to the checkout? I'm just waiting here for my Mum while she goes to get something"

Grateful Scotcat took Mum's place in queue.

MissRose:
awwwww nice stories :)

i have one to add -

I was at a 7-11 store getting a slurpee and snacks, and i was ready to leave when a grandmother & her grandson who was about 4  or 5 years old  were in the store at the same time as me, and she was paying for her stuff, the grandmother said to the boy to go to the car parked right outside with his mother there.  The kid said i wanna hold the door open for people.  My things were rang up and i paid for them then the little boy held the door for me, and i did thank the child for doing so.   ;D

CocoCamm:
I was at the laundomat earlier this week and all but 3 out of 4 kids there were running amuck. But that one little girl was so cute and well behaved I swear if I didnt have eyes I never would have known she was there. I so wanted to compliment mom but I wasnt sure how to do so without at the same time insulting the parents of the brats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version