Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

So, What's The $20 For???

(1/3) > >>

ZipTheWonder:
I just got an invite for my husband and I for a Valentine's Day party at the home of a newish acquaintance.  The invitation says to "Bring twenty dollars, in two $10 bills."

Any ideas what this might be all about???  Admission?  A game??  Bail???

We can't attend so I can't find out that way,and I don't think it would be right to say "TWENTY BUCKS!?!?  Whatever for!?!?" when I RSVP my regrets.

Suze:

--- Quote from: ZipTheWonder on January 25, 2007, 05:17:09 PM ---I just got an invite for my husband and I for a Valentine's Day party at the home of a newish acquaintance.  The invitation says to "Bring twenty dollars, in two $10 bills."

Any ideas what this might be all about???  Admission?  A game??  Bail???

We can't attend so I can't find out that way,and I don't think it would be right to say "TWENTY BUCKS!?!?  Whatever for!?!?" when I RSVP my regrets.

--- End quote ---

do try and find out for us will you.  This sounds like a whole lot of gift grab to me

caranfin:
I'd call the host and ask if he's okay since you seem to have received a ransom note from his address.  ;D

Evil Duckie:
It would be intresting to know why the $20. And requested in the form of 2 $10s.

If it is not for his ransom, then what????

I wonder if it is not for some game. It could be for a poker buy in.

It is for admission, food, or a game it would be best to let people know. It it rude to invite people to a party and charge them for it.

hobish:
There is a game called b*lls**t that we used to play that involved using bills as "cards" but i don't remember exactly how it was played. I think it was with more bills in hand than two, but maybe with a lot of people 2 would do it? I don't know ... that still seems like a weird idea for a Valentine's Day party.

Please let us know when you find out. My imagination isn't going to rest until then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version