Author Topic: Blowing Off Two Close re[color=black]lationships[/color]  (Read 8516 times)

Mahdoumi

Re: Blowing Off Two Close re[color=black]lationships[/color]
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 06:37:35 PM »
She didn't even give us a card, and yet, she and her DH left with covered trays of food and my wedding cake.  I had to chase after her to get a piece to taste.

Seriously?  :o What did she say when you asked for a piece of your cake? I mean, seriously, I have no words here about that.

"Oh you didn't get a piece, yet?"  No apologies.  Her DH, who is truly a wonderful man, was sent by her to ask if they could take some leftovers.  I never would have guessed that they would have run off with all the wedding cakes, though.

Talk to your DH. He needs to understand that your evil SIL's behavior is very wrong, rude, and you are not going to subject your children and yourself to it. If he can't understand that, then you have a bigger problem on your hands then your SIL.

Yes, you are most likely correct. 

scap64

Re: Blowing Off Two Close re[color=black]lationships[/color]
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 09:46:17 AM »
Goddaughter

Does she run you down to other family members?  If so, THOSE family members should pull DH aside when he's home & talk to him about this situation.  You're obviously NOT getting through to your husband about this and may need some help to make him understand what's going here.

I strongly second this idea. You may need an intermediary to open your DH's eyes. Would you other SIL, who is friendly to you, talk to him?

You call your evil SIL's husband "a wonderful man". Given your description of him letting his wife to treat you the way she does, and taking away your entire wedding cake under pretext of "some leftovers", I don't see how he meets the criteria of "a wonderful man".   

This sounds like a toxic situation. Sorry to hear you have to endure this.

Peppy

Re: Blowing Off Two Close rel@tionships
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
You don't have to allow anyone to stay with you.  If they force the issue then give them the names of local hotels.  You and the baby need time to get on a schedule (you need to heal) and that makes hosting overnight guests impossible at this time.

As for the Wedding - No, they say not to expect gifts but I have never attended a wedding where I didn't take one.  Sorry you have to deal with such gimme gimme people...

FunkyMunky

Re: Blowing Off Two Close rel@tionships
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

Tell your DH that while yes, she is his sister, he has chosen to be with you, and that your wishes should feature more prominently than those of his sister as regards your home and its decor and your child.

We're seeing the same thing in our family (though the sister's not as bad, she's just put out that her brother puts his wife before her. But that's as it should be).