News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 17, 2018, 06:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "NG strikes again" gift-hating game!  (Read 184729 times)

JoieGirl7

Re: The "NG strikes again" gift-hating game!
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »
But I've already downloaded every song that Perry Como ever recorded from iTunes!  CD's need to be cleaned, don't you know?

But I got you an all expenses paid trip down to Cabo.

siddpup

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »
 :o  What on earth were you thinking?  After all, sun exposure causes cancer.  You probably want me to die.  <dramatic sigh>   Besides, everyone knows that the place to see and be seen this season is St. Maarten.  So-I am getting cancer going to a second rate "vacation" spot.  Thanks a whole heckuva lot.

I got you that new wide angle camera lens you said you wanted.  Happy photographing!

Lynn

Elle

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
Wide-angle? Wide angle?! Are you saying I'm so fat that the only way I could possibly fit in a photo is if it were taken with a wild angle lens?

I know how much you love being righteously indignant, so here's a hairball my cat made just for you.
(I'll admit, I'm having problems thinking of great gifts anymore  ;D )

MasterofSquirrels

• hi.
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2007, 01:25:28 PM »
I know how much you love being righteously indignant, so here's a hairball my cat made just for you.

what its not bronzed!?? cheap.

i just bought you a new Chevy HHR-fully loaded.

lamorevincera

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2007, 01:26:39 PM »

what its not bronzed!?? cheap.

i just bought you a new Chevy HHR-fully loaded.

A gas-guzzler? Do you have any IDEA how environmentally unsound that is??

I got you Godiva chocolates.

Camarynne

« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2007, 01:30:27 PM »
MORE sugar???? Heartless, I tell ya. Are you trying to kill me?

I'm having a house built for you in any design you choose, in the location of your choice.

siddpup

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2007, 02:03:25 PM »
 :'(  And where on earth am I supposed to store my motorcycles with no garage?  Tell me that.  Sheesh-some people just have no consideration, I tell you.

I, on the other hand, have bought you a really cool new upkeep-free robot that will go to work for you so that you don't have to go anymore, and will you still get paid your full salary.  As a bonus, the robot will (if you choose) clean your house for you in its off time. It will also take a second job so that it has more income for you, if you would like.

Lynn
(Rapidly running out of cool gift ideas-much like real life, except at least my imaginary budget is unlimited).

kethria

• عاشق, ولهان
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2007, 02:36:01 PM »
I, on the other hand, have bought you a really cool new upkeep-free robot that will go to work for you so that you don't have to go anymore, and will you still get paid your full salary.  As a bonus, the robot will (if you choose) clean your house for you in its off time. It will also take a second job so that it has more income for you, if you would like.

AHHHH! You know about my robot phobia! I've seen the movies, that thing is going to strangle me in my sleep! I don't want it anywhere near me!

Oh the other hand I got you this lovely silver and emerald brooch...

Tabris

• Philangelus
  • I rock!
    • Seven Archangels: Annihilation
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »
Don't you realize I'm a werewolf and if I stick myself with the silver pin, I might DIE? Are you trying to kill me? UGH!

I hope you like your gift: a set of hot pads and a trivet.

"The hunger for love is much more difficult to ease than the hunger for bread." ~Mother Teresa

Tabris is on indefinite hiatus. You can still visit me at my weblog. Thank you.

MeanMom

« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2007, 04:02:59 PM »
Oh please, could we get more domestic.  Women do have a life outside the kitchen in this day and age.

Here's a spa day for two just for you

Meanmom

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2007, 04:27:31 PM »
So, it's a spa day for two, but just for me?  Are you trying to tell me I look pregnant, or something?  Why not a spa day for two, for me and a friend, huh?

Here's a nice ruby pendant and chain.

Brentwood

« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
So, it's a spa day for two, but just for me?  Are you trying to tell me I look pregnant, or something?  Why not a spa day for two, for me and a friend, huh?

Here's a nice ruby pendant and chain.

Oh, nice. As if you didn't know red clashes with my coloring. I can't wear rubies! You were supposed to get a SAPPHIRE.

For you, I have a lovely silver tea service.

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2007, 06:08:27 PM »
A silver tea service? That's going to clash with my southwestern decor! Do you have any idea what the neighbors would say if they saw that?

Here's an assortment of Lindor truffles

Helisia

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »
Do you know how sickly those get???

Have an easy-to use digital camera with all the optinal extras.

freakyfemme

« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2007, 07:28:03 PM »
Do you know how sickly those get???

Have an easy-to use digital camera with all the optinal extras.

But, but, butbutbut.......it's WINTER!!!  Everything's covered with boring white snow, or disgusting dirty greyish-brown slush, and it's cloudy!!!  I'll have to wait all the way until spring before I can get any real use out of this camera!!!  (said with tongue firmly planted in cheek.....one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was a series of frozen waterfalls on a snowshoeing expedition in grade seven).

Here, have a Regina Spektor CD. :)