Author Topic: The "NG strikes again" gift-hating game!  (Read 92058 times)

Elle

Re: The "NG strikes again" gift-hating game!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
Are you saying i'm unreliable? That I never show up on time? The gall!

I got you a spa day

Hanna

• Super Hero!
    • RumorsAboutMe
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2007, 06:01:27 PM »
A Date Book?  You totally re-gifted that to me, admit it.  I am a grown woman, and do not need pictures of puppies and kitties.

Here is a case of wine from my favorite vineyard in Tuscany.

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »
An entire case of wine?  What are you implying??

I've chosen a lovely hat, scarf and gloves set for you.

siddpup

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 07:11:14 PM »

Are you even remotely aware that those dyes cause cancer?  I'm probably going to die just from being in the same room from them.  Are you trying to kill me?

I chose a lovely box of spices from that store you like so much for your gift.

Lynn

jais

• Super Hero!
  • Two Friends. Two Hearts. One Promise. One Love.
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 07:31:32 PM »

Are you even remotely aware that those dyes cause cancer?  I'm probably going to die just from being in the same room from them.  Are you trying to kill me?

I chose a lovely box of spices from that store you like so much for your gift.

Lynn

Spices?  BLECCCH!!  I think hospitals are spot-on for using NOTHING in their cooking.

DF has purchased a lovely set of board games for your family.

Joannie81

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »

Spices?  BLECCCH!!  I think hospitals are spot-on for using NOTHING in their cooking.

[/quote]
Board games?!  Do you mean bored games?

Here are some really nice miniature rose bushes for you.  One in pink, one in yellow and one in white.

wazzer

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 08:08:51 PM »

Board games?!  Do you mean bored games?

Here are some really nice miniature rose bushes for you.  One in pink, one in yellow and one in white.
[/quote]

Well, you obviously forgot about my tender skin, which scratches easily.  But that's ok, I'll wear gloves, never mind about the thorns...I'll just suffer in silence...ouch!....oooh, that stings....how often do I have to water these things, anyway?

My gift to you is a season pass for the local team's games.

Mrs. B

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 09:26:56 PM »
The Chicago Bears?????????  You got me tickets to those interception throwing; bad blocking; totally emotionally debilitating BEARS?  You HATE me!!  You want to see me have panic attacks again!  BuRN

By the way, I got you a full set of Caphalon Cookware

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 09:46:05 PM »
The Chicago Bears?????????  You got me tickets to those interception throwing; bad blocking; totally emotionally debilitating BEARS?  You HATE me!!  You want to see me have panic attacks again!  BuRN

By the way, I got you a full set of Caphalon Cookware

Calphalon Cookware?!?!?!? Those make my food taste funny. I tried to make a batch of minestrone soup using the Calphalon stockpot and I'll be darned if it didn't react with one of the vegetables I use. You must really hate me!!!

I searched high and low for this afghan....hope you like it!

magiccat26

• Goddess in training!
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
Afghan?  What if I don't have room for another dog?  >:D  And the vet bills!!  You really do hate me!

Here have this lovely cookbook.
“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.” — Catherine Aird

Mrs. B

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 10:12:27 PM »
Well.  You seemed to enjoy the last three dinner parties I invited you to.  You didn't complain about my cooking at that time.  If you were not satisfied with what I had to offer as the hostess - yoiu should not have accepted my next three invites.

I, being thoughtful, have gotten you a lovely crystal tree ornamant.

Joannie81

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
Well.  You seemed to enjoy the last three dinner parties I invited you to.  You didn't complain about my cooking at that time.  If you were not satisfied with what I had to offer as the hostess - yoiu should not have accepted my next three invites.

Oh wonderful.  With an 18 month granddaughter living here and a dog and 2 cats, it's such a safe gift when someone breaks it and my little angel gets cut.
I have gotten you a lovely set of wine glasses.

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 10:28:03 PM »

Oh wonderful.  With an 18 month granddaughter living here and a dog and 2 cats, it's such a safe gift when someone breaks it and my little angel gets cut.
I have gotten you a lovely set of wine glasses.

So are you implying that all we drink is wine?? You think I'm an alcoholic don't you?? THE NERVE!!

I got you a Christmas sweatshirt with snowmen on it.

GInger
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Mrs. B

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2007, 10:50:17 PM »
Well thank you.   ::)  I am assuming you got me a SWEAT SHIRT because I am so slender you thought I was a LITTLE BOY.  A little boy who likes sweatshirts with snowmen as oppossed to a GROWN woman, and a lady.  I understand that on your budget, something befitting a lady was probably not possible.  That is ok, Dahling, I understand.  (Almost too snarky for myself).

To give you some guidance on what to get an adult, I got you gourmet coffee beans.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »
Well thank you.   ::)  I am assuming you got me a SWEAT SHIRT because I am so slender you thought I was a LITTLE BOY.  A little boy who likes sweatshirts with snowmen as oppossed to a GROWN woman, and a lady.  I understand that on your budget, something befitting a lady was probably not possible.  That is ok, Dahling, I understand.  (Almost too snarky for myself).

To give you some guidance on what to get an adult, I got you gourmet coffee beans.

Well, that's just great. I'm allergic to coffee, and my husband can only drink decaffeinated beverages. We don't even OWN a coffee grinder. You're trying to rub that in our faces, aren't you? What am I supposed to do with these...these....magic beans?

I'm giving a good gift. Here is a set of guest towels.