News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 19, 2017, 10:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toilet-clogging conundrum  (Read 1728 times)

kingsrings

Toilet-clogging conundrum
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »
Last weekend I attended a Christmas party of about 30 people total in attendance. At one point towards the end of the party I used the bathroom. There was quite a few pieces of toilet paper in the toilet bowl, hmmm. When I flushed, I figured out why Ė the toilet was clogged. Since it was already clogged when I used it, I am darn lucky it didnít overflow. Quite a few people had used it previously as the party was fairly large, and it was the only bathroom downstairs. I donít know who the culprit was who clogged it, or maybe it just clogged from so many people using it. From what I could see, there was no toilet plunger nearby.

So the question is, manners-wise, should one of us spoke up about it to the hosts? That would be quite embarrassing because then they might think that you are the culprit who did it! I certainly didnít want to mention it because of that fact. Plus, I had just met these people for the first time, so I really wouldnít feel comfortable doing that.  Plus others would hear since there were so many people around. This was an upper-class home owned by upper-class people, so that only adds to the embarrassment. Because you know, rich people donít poop.  ;) I think that they should have had a toilet plunger by the toilet so that whomever did it could of remedied the situation privately w/out anyone else knowing.

Trisha

Re: Toilet-clogging conundrum
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:30:23 AM »

jimithing

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:31:41 AM »
Yes.  Someone should have pulled the host/hostess aside and said that the toilet was clogged.  This can be done discreetly, and since it wasn't you who did it, and it appeared that many people had used it, it wasn't singling anyone out. 

I would have said, "Hostess, I went downstairs to use the restroom, and it appears that the toilet is clogged."

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:58:54 PM »
POD Jimithing!