Author Topic: Good WalMart Story  (Read 1812 times)

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
Good WalMart Story
« on: January 29, 2007, 04:11:11 PM »
My husband and I took our son out to dinner Saturday night in Dothan Alabama. On the way there our son fell asleep and wet his pants. We had to go to WalMart to get new pants and underwear for him. While my husband was changing his clothes in the bathroom he dropped his cell phone without noticing.
Well we were freaking out today trying to find it. I had called his cell to see if it would ring in my car, and I got a call back. A customer service employee at WalMart had found the phone and called me back to see if I could tell her whose phone it was. They are holding it for us.
Let's hear it for honest people who make an effort!
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Lisbeth

• I am a rock, I am an island
  • A Pillar of the Forum
  • a/k/a KeenReader
Re: Good WalMart Story
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »
I think this is the first time I've ever seen a positive story about Wal-Mart in this forum.  I've certainly seen plenty of negative ones.

I guess even they are getting the message.
I'm away from sanity right now...please leave a message after the beep.
NYC

fklwmn

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »
Right before Christmas I went to Walmart to return some things I decided not to give my kids after all. Of course there was a line. While I was waiting a wal mart employee (E) came and stood in line behind me. One of the managers (M) walked by and their conversation went like this:

M: What are you doing?
E: Oh, I just need to return this blah-blah-blah that I bought.
M: Well why are you standing in line? Just go behind the counter and have so-and-so process it for you.
E: No, I'm fine. I can wait in line like everyone else.
M: Well you're not going to have time!
E: I have plenty of time, I'm on my 20 minute break.
M: Ooookay, but you're not going to have time, you should just go back to the counter.
E: No, all these people have been in line waiting, I can wait too.

We were in line about 5 more minutes and 3 more workers came by to tell her not to bother waiting in the line. Eventually she took her smock off to keep them from saying something to her. Now, I know that being an employee of places cmoes with perks, andI would imagine this is one of the perks of working at Wal-Mart. I still REALLY appreciated that she was ptient and waited in line b/c I was in kind of a hurry that day :)

zi_fairy

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 08:21:31 PM »
Can I tell my good Wal-Mart story, too?

It was last Christmas and I was doing some last minute shopping. I had bought everything I needed, and headed out to the parking lot. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my wallet had fallen out of my coat pocket, and still didn't realize it until I woke up the next morning. I called Wal-Mart, they put me on hold for about two minutes, then told me that they were holding it at the Customer Service desk.

I went to pick it up, expecting my debit and credit cards and anything else of value to be gone, but I was AMAZED when I opened my wallet and found EVERYTHING still there, including the three one-dollar bills and insane amount of loose change in one of the zippered pockets!

After a bit of questioning, I found out that one of the employees that does the cart runs found it and immediately turned it in. Unfortunately he wasn't in that day, so I asked them to thank him for me.

It still amazes me to this day.