The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

Karma Works

(1/5) > >>

MerryRaven:
I got back from shopping yesterday and I was eager to open the bag with then new purse I bought.  I was surprised to find a box of pantyhose in my size in the bag.  I looked at my reciept and no, I did not buy pantyhose.  So I send my husband back to the store with the perloined nylons.

2 hours later, I went to put my wallet into the new purse and could not find it anywhere.  My husband called the store as that was the last place I remember having it.  It was there.  I had left it at the checkstand. 

We drove over and there it was totally intact with all my ID, money, credit cards and debit card. 

:)

MadMadge43:
I'm so glad you found it.  Wouldn't it have been wonderful it your husband would have come back with it from dropping off the pantyhose, then it would have been instant karma!

Cupcake Fiend:
Wow!  Very good luck!!

My wallet is missing at the moment.  And I can't remember where I had it last :(

Clara Bow:
I was leaving the Wal Mart one night with a new backpack and the theft alarm went off. I stood there with the greeter trying to figure out what set it off. He was going to let me go, as we figured there was a tag in the backpack that we weren't seeing but I insisted we find it before I left so he could document it properly and not get in trouble with his job. We opened the backpack and found SIX DVDs someone had stuffed in there to steal. I was floored, I nearly cried at the thought that the greeter would think I took them. He just laughed and said "Honey, I think if you took them you would have left when I gave you the chance, not stood here and showed them to me. Not to mention you just spent about a hundred and thirty bucks in here..." I was mortified, but so glad I didn't get all the way home with those things.

Xanthia, Maker of fine Tin-foil hats since 2007:

--- Quote from: Auntie Venom on December 08, 2006, 12:53:04 PM ---I was leaving the Wal Mart one night with a new backpack and the theft alarm went off. I stood there with the greeter trying to figure out what set it off. He was going to let me go, as we figured there was a tag in the backpack that we weren't seeing but I insisted we find it before I left so he could document it properly and not get in trouble with his job. We opened the backpack and found SIX DVDs someone had stuffed in there to steal. I was floored, I nearly cried at the thought that the greeter would think I took them. He just laughed and said "Honey, I think if you took them you would have left when I gave you the chance, not stood here and showed them to me. Not to mention you just spent about a hundred and thirty bucks in here..." I was mortified, but so glad I didn't get all the way home with those things.

--- End quote ---

Several years ago, I found a purse I liked in a Big Box Store, so I finished my shopping, paid for my items and walked out the door.  I went to walk out the door and the beep beep went off.  We were going through things and it was then I realized I had slung the purse over my shoulder and not put it in the cart (one of those magnetic stickers was inside).  I was so upset, I told her (door lady) "I am SO SORRY, I want to pay for the pusre, it was an accident."  She said the same thing as your security person said..it was an accident, I had bought a lot of stuff and if I really wanted to steal the pusre I would ahve done a better job of hiding it, LOL.

I also had someone fine stuff in some shoes I was going to buy...from then on I always check back packs, purses, shoes or anyting with a pocket to make sure noone has hidden anything in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version