Author Topic: Karma Works  (Read 5826 times)

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
Re: Karma Works
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 03:50:03 PM »
While I was Christmas shopping, I picked up a tube of lipstick for myself at Target.  It was in the bottom of the cart and I never put it up on the conveyer belt to pay for it.  When I got to my car and was loading the bags in, I found the lipstick and looked at the reciept...nope, never paid for it.  I had another errand to run and I had to get to that store before closing so I left with it, but I stopped back into Target on the way home to run in and buy the lipstick.

I would have never been able to wear that lipstick otherwise!  Of course, I will probably never wear it anyway since it turns out the color looks awful on me.  I hate buying makeup!!

MerryRaven

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 12:52:17 AM »
course, I will probably never wear it anyway since it turns out the color looks awful on me.  I hate buying makeup!!

Buying make up is a whole other thread of dismay if not ettiquete. 

I have always thought my failure to figure out makeup was the lack of an older sister.  That theory was shattered when I had two daughters.  The older 'got' make up the younger was more like me. 

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 08:18:44 AM »
I have always thought my failure to figure out makeup was the lack of an older sister

Well there goes that theory...I had the same one!

Between the lack of any sisters (besides my pseudo-sis, but she's as clueless as I am about girly things) and generally not having friends who are into girly stuff, I have managed to get through 32 years of life still not knowing what does and doesn't look good on me.  It's one of those things I really need to learn at some point, because I'm getting really tired of buying stuff only to realize a short time later (usually by seeing a photo of myself in it) that it is really not something I should be wearing.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »
I have always thought my failure to figure out makeup was the lack of an older sister

Well there goes that theory...I had the same one!

Between the lack of any sisters (besides my pseudo-sis, but she's as clueless as I am about girly things) and generally not having friends who are into girly stuff, I have managed to get through 32 years of life still not knowing what does and doesn't look good on me.  It's one of those things I really need to learn at some point, because I'm getting really tired of buying stuff only to realize a short time later (usually by seeing a photo of myself in it) that it is really not something I should be wearing.

[/size]

You might want to try a personal shopper. A friend of mine needed a more professional image. She took some old pics in outfits that didn't work with her. She met with the personal shopper. Then the shopper took a couple of days to pull some outfits. When friend went back, there were a bunch of different outfits, and the personal shopper helped friend pick out the best for her. Friend figured the fee was less than she wasted on clothes that didn't work.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

ChristiKayAnn

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 06:51:03 PM »
my social security card

Bad thing to keep in your wallet.  Get it out of there right now and into a safe or somewhere secure.

I was told several years ago to keep Social Security Cards, Birth Certificate and Passports in a Ziplock Freezer bag in the freezer. If you have a house fire the refrigerator/freezer is one of the things most likely to survive mostly intact and so documents stored in the freezer in a watertight bag would most likely survive.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 08:28:01 PM »
better yet go get a fire box.  they will survive a fire.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination