Author Topic: Wonderful Waitstaff  (Read 2163 times)

BettyP

Wonderful Waitstaff
« on: January 30, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »
Last night, we went out for Indian food. Now, my Wee Child (four years old going on forty) had never had Indian food before, but gamely waded through it. As the waiter was removing our dishes, Wee Child looked up and said...

"Excuse me, but why are you wearing that hat?" (the waiter was wearing a turban for religious reasons).

I flinched, but before I could apologize and begin an explanation, the waiter smiled and explained that he wore it to show his love for his God. He and the Wee Child had a discussion about beliefs and Wee Child learned a new word, "custom." I tried to apologize but he waived off my apology saying he was pleased someone would ask politely. How kind of that man to take time to explain something like this to a child and not be offended! You can bet we showed our appreciation with a word to the manager and a good tip.

Suze

• I live in the real world. I play in the Middle Ages.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Wonderful Waitstaff
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 08:59:15 PM »
Wee Child asked a question he needed to know the answer to, and did it with style.

The waiter answered him with style, and class.

Bravo to both of them.
Reality is for people who lack Imagination

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
I'm sure she made his day. 8)

Alida

• Super Hero!
  • Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:35:25 PM »
What a great waiter!  What an intelligent child :-)

BettyP

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 10:31:10 PM »
I admit, I am besotted with the Wee Child. And we'll be hitting this Indian restaurant as often as possible. It's so lovely to have people be kind with children. I had been a bit nervous when we walked in as it was a bit more upscale than I had expected. Usually, places like that tend to freak out a bit when they see a four year-old walk in...

AnnaB

geordicat

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »
That also says volumes about you and how you have raised Wee Child to have manners and be respectful.  :)  I'm glad the waitstaff took the time to talk to Wee Child.
Light travels faster than sound.  That's why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.