News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 19, 2017, 10:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I fail at New Year's Eve  (Read 1903 times)

edenparadox

I fail at New Year's Eve
« on: January 01, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »
So... one couple cancelled. One left to go to a cousin's house around 10pm and no they didn't tell me they weren't staying the whole time.

I burned the Creme Brulee French Toast. The Egg'n'Bacon Casserole came out crunchy on the sides and soggy in the middle (at least soggy in my opinion but then maybe I just hate eggy soaked things that aren't hard cooked...) And there is tons of both leftover. (Does this stuff reheat or should I just toss it?)

DF had to work till 10 so we couldn't even have brunch until 11.

My arm hurt all day from a pinched nerve.

And I feel generally funky.

Maybe we're just not meant to have a nice New Years. (Last year tomato sauce and chocolate fondue spilled on the carpet, a bunch of people showed up hours after midnight and prepping for it left me very cranky because I did heavy appetizers and it was a lot of work.)

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
Re: I fail at New Year's Eve
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 01:28:37 AM »
I too hate New Year's Eve. I'm hiding in the bedroom from our 3 guest party (plus the two of us) while we play we. We look like a 50's version of a future dinner party.

I just have to take a moment, and no the leftovers don't keep. We have plenty of them.

edenparadox

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:30:50 AM »
Ugh. You have my sympathy.

DF decided we should toss the casserole and the french toast. Honestly I didn't even really either of them as is and I honestly have no urge to see eggs for another week anyway so I don't care. Never doing brunch again.

I should however stop the pity party going on in my head. I hate screwing up cooking and it so rarely happens that it always hits me really hard. Stupid, I know.

SnugsMom

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 03:23:44 PM »
Ugh.  New Year's Eve is so overrated.  For some reason it never seems to live up to all the "fabulous party hype."

Sorry about your party :(