Author Topic: If I knew it happened, I would have used this!  (Read 3696 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
If I knew it happened, I would have used this!
« on: January 04, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
We all went shopping yesterday for paint.  I was with my 20 year old bro, 19 year old sis, 7 year old dd and 2 year dd.  I look like in my early 30's.

I can't tell you how many looks we got yesterday trying to figure out what relation we are to each other!

But my sister told me that a cashier thought that my bro and sis were "teen" parents of my kids and that I was their now grown up "teen" mom and it must run in the family...... :o

My sis flustered, muttered that she is their aunt and that I was their mom.....

If I was listening, I would have used this perfectly!  ( I was in the front talking on my cell while they were checking out.)

I'mnotinsane

• My mother had me tested
Re: If I knew it happened, I would have used this!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 03:28:06 PM »
I would report that cashier to his/her manager.  Even if their name isn't printed there should be a way to identify the cashier from the receipt.  This type of thing is getting common it will almost be acceptable like printing registry information on an invitation.  ::)

MineralDiva

• "Diva"
  • "I shall plant my feet and let them have it!"
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:54:18 PM »
What do they care?  Their job is to sell you paint.  Not inappropriately comment and speculate on what your relationships to each other may or may not be!

djinnidjream

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:47:35 AM »
That was my first thought too?  What does it matter what the relationship is?  Sheesh, some people really worry about the wrong things.
Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Joannie81

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
I never assume.  When I was 14, I was with my bro and ex-sil.  We were traveling cross-country.  We had stopped at a rest stop and My ex-sil was in the stall and I was with my niece who was about 15 months at the time.  A woman in the rest room gave me a really nasty look and you could see her wheels turning that she thought I was Mom.  But I loved her expression and they way she ran out of the rest room when my ex-sil came out of the stall and my niece ran up to her yelling MOMMY!!! and hugged her!  It's a rotten assumption to make if you don't know someone.