Author Topic: Very Nice Man with Chainsaw  (Read 2004 times)

HogwartsAlum

Very Nice Man with Chainsaw
« on: February 07, 2007, 09:15:34 AM »
Just a quick one - yesterday the weather was very nice, with a high in the low 60s, and since the days are getting longer, I had time to finish stacking my ice storm debris for the city pickup.  There was a large limb in my backyard that fell over the fence from the neighbor behind me.  I thought I could haul it around, but it was WAY too big to drag around to the front by myself.   

Two guys were cleaning up the yard across the street, and I asked them if one of them could help me by cutting the limb with the chainsaw.  One of the men kindly came around to my backyard and cut it up so it was more manageable.  I thanked him profusely and he was like, No biggie.

Yay for him!   :)

PS - in a little debris pile in the front yard, I found some actual ice from the storm still stuck to the branches! I broke some off and put it in the freezer!

housewife2k

• Super Hero!
  • I want to be a Pirate AND a Ninja!
Re: Very Nice Man with Chainsaw
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:29:57 AM »
It's awesome that he did that for you....I almost fell laughing when I read your title, though

HogwartsAlum

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:34:32 AM »
*snerk* I just looked at the title again and it IS kind of funny!  :-X :D

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 07:38:31 AM »
It sounds like a kinder, gentler sort of slasher movie.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

fklwmn

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 07:40:52 AM »
It reminds me of the superbowl commercial for bud light...

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 11:58:30 AM »
It sounds kind of like the little old ladies that are in these movies sometimes.

"Oh dearie, I meant to tell you... a very nice, polite young man with a mask and chainsaw came by, looking for you. I let him in the house to wait, since it is so cold out. I lent him some rope and duct tape, too, since he said he had run out, and he was so pleased!"
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Ulla dances in a silly way

• Super Secret Level 5 Ninja Wizard
  • Only a little off.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 12:03:42 PM »
I just had images from American Psycho flash through my mind, the bit where he uses the chainsaw as a spear. That movie kicks donkey butts.

To the OP: That was sweet of the guy :) It's always nice when someone will use heavy power tools for you.

-Ulla

Cupcake Fiend

• Yummy!
  • Super Hero!
  • "These are the days of miracle & wonder..."
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:05:33 PM »
It sounds kind of like the little old ladies that are in these movies sometimes.

"Oh dearie, I meant to tell you... a very nice, polite young man with a mask and chainsaw came by, looking for you. I let him in the house to wait, since it is so cold out. I lent him some rope and duct tape, too, since he said he had run out, and he was so pleased!"

Just like the Aunts in Arsenic and Old Lace!