News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• October 17, 2017, 07:01:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Johnny Depp's donation  (Read 1775 times)

CakeBeret

Re: Johnny Depp's donation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:19:21 PM »
That's really sweet. I mean, him donating the $$ was nice.

Inviting the doctors/nurses to the party was lovely.

But going in his Pirates of the Caribbean costume to spend time with the kids was what really touched my heart.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Akarui Kibuno

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Johnny Depp surely is a good man (a very good looking man, a great actor, all kinds of good!) .

I wish I could send him a letter that I'm sure he would see saying how great I think he is (but I wouldn't mention the good looking part out of respect for Vanessa :P and out of politeness :) ) .

But I'm jealous.

The Jack costume...  :'(
My FB rants blog (English) - My personal site (French)
A click on one of the ads every so often would help a lot if possible. Thank you <3 .

KenveeB

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
That is so great!  Not just donating the money, although I know that's important to the hospital.  But really giving of himself to give a once-in-a-lifetime experience to those kids who got a personal bedtime story from Captain Jack!  That just makes him such a winner.

kareng57

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »
And an odd connection...

It seems that the copyright for Peter Pan (Depp played the author Barrie in Finding Neverland) belongs to the same hospital.  Presumably they've benefited from it for years - excellent.

Oddly enough, Sweeney Todd is probably the only movie that all four member of our family have voluntarily viewed in years (DSs are 20 and 19).  I'm not counting the "family" movies that we made them sit through during the last five years or so...

It's nice to hear about Depp, I believe he's one person who is in the media a lot but doesn't make a lot of noise about his donations, preferring to do it quietly.

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 08:50:31 PM »
I love Johnny Depp.

'Nuff said. ;D
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.